mobil 424

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a versatile 305 mfwd tractor with a univance powershift transmission and shared reservoir with the hydraulic system. Have run caseih hytran in the past but want to simplify things and run mobil 424 in this tractor and two others to eliminate contamination of oil from implements the tractors are operating. Also have a Kubota tractor that uses kubota udt and I believe mobil 424 is a direct replacement.

So is mobil 424 as good as hytran and work well in the hyraulic systems in these tractors? Do the specs of mobil and hytran compare favorably? I believe hytran is noted for its ability to keep water in retention without degradation(up to 1%), but can't find any info for mobil 424. This can be a problem in farm equipment because hydraulic systems naturally build condensation and don't heat up enough to burn it off like engines do. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Last edited:
Mobil 424 is a good product in my experience. It's a UTTO (Universal Tractor Transmission Oil). The relatively high water tolerance stems from the use of totally different chemistry typically used in either ATFs or traditional gear oils. You might note that there is a Low Temperature version if you can find it. I can honestly say that you should not have a problem with this fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back