Ford Flex shift knob installed in Fusion(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
popular mod to get rid of the huge rubbery Fusion one. $13.30 at the dealership. Gonna wire the O/D button for the garage door opener.
DCP_1674.jpg

DCP_1673.jpg

Very nice! Our Fusion has one that looks just like that, except that the leather is black plastic instead. But it doesn't look bad. We have cloth seats so a leather knob would look out of place
smile.gif

Great job. That looks a lot like the knob on my MKZ (minus the OD button). I can't believe that was only $13 from dealer!

Originally Posted By: css9450
Is Ford ever going to stop using bad plastic wood trim in its interiors?

That's a first gen Fusion. 2nd Gens are better. If you step up to MKZ, you get real wood or real aluminum.

^ Nope. I have not heard of this issue for the Aisin transmissions. The 6F35 in the 3.0 V6s (Fusions/Escapes, etc.) seem to be more problematic. The 3.5s have the Aisin tranny.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
^ Nope. I have not heard of this issue for the Aisin transmissions. The 6F35 in the 3.0 V6s (Fusions/Escapes, etc.) seem to be more problematic. The 3.5s have the Aisin tranny.

The 2.5's also get the 6f35 (non-hybrid). We haven't had any shift flares in our Fusion yet, but we get the semi-regular 'erratic' shifts and whatnot. Overall we love the car, though.

wrong. The 3.0's have the AW F21 6 speeds. The 3.5's get the GM/Ford joint venture trans.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
wrong. The 3.0's have the AW F21 6 speeds. The 3.5's get the GM/Ford joint venture trans.

Depends on which generation. For 2nd gen 2010+, the I4 and V6 3.0 autos have the 6-speed Ford 6F35 (problematic). The Sport V6 3.5 has the 6-speed Aisin TF-80 = AWF21. True, the 1st gen V6s had AWF21. Either way, I'm good.

Hows this for classy?

pa130126lq4.jpg

No garage door remote, but the eyes light up red. A very nice touch.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple

Depends on which generation. For 2nd gen 2010+, the I4 and V6 3.0 autos have the 6-speed Ford 6F35 (problematic). The Sport V6 3.5 has the 6-speed Aisin TF-80 = AWF21. True, the 1st gen V6s had AWF21. Either way, I'm good.

This.

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
Hows this for classy?

pa130126lq4.jpg

No garage door remote, but the eyes light up red. A very nice touch.

Nice...although it would scare my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back