Ugh, must resist temptation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Brenden
That's a great deal for a once in a lifetime bit of fun...

I know, right? I'd totally bring one of those things downtown and just cruise. Great conversation starter and a way to meet women.
cool.gif

The rush from driving that Lamborghini was incredible. I want more!

150 miles and an entire day for 300...

You can do a lot of things in 150 miles for only 300 bucks.. and they give a free tank of gas, but not like that matters you will need to fill it up in 100 miles anyway
wink.gif

As long as the mileage included laps around Autobahn Country Club. I'd feel safer on a race track. Just driving any of those cars in Chicago-land traffic would make me as paranoid as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Why resist?

Im tempted to come out to Chicagoland to do this!

Especially to compare the 69 car to a 2012 car, if I could do it back to back would be priceless.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
As long as the mileage included laps around Autobahn Country Club. I'd feel safer on a race track. Just driving any of those cars in Chicago-land traffic would make me as paranoid as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Yes, that's my biggest fear. Gawkers will either hit you or cause someone to hit you.

Then again, I'd probably just keep going in circles on the Lake Shore Drive on-ramps to hear the glorious motor. :)

Last edited:
Yep, you only live once, so why not do it if you can.

Buy the insurance and enjoy yourself. It's a mighty small group who gets to really drive those marques.

I'd skip the ole Stang, as even when new they handled and stopped like light trucks.

It's a shame I'm not 25... or I would be in for the 150 mile joyride in the Viper or Ferrari

From what I have read, the Viper can be a real handful to drive. And be sure not to burn your legs on the side-exit exhaust...

Bringing this song to play is mandatory, as well as a specious excuse off from work or school.
lol.gif
Naturally, you'll have to find this street:

If you are hitting the street, you have to go with a droptop Ferrari. I see this is one the quintessential red with tan interior. The V8 in the 355 is a great soundtrack for having the top down as well.

When I was in the Navy, I rented a Viper for the day on Oahu. It was awesome. I had done a bunch of port calls there and knew they had exotics to rent so I saved up for the next visit and had the thing for 6 hours. That was back in 96 or 97.

DO IT!!!

I'm mobile now but that's probably a pre-abs viper. You had better know what your doing if you attempt to drive this torque monster on anything but dry, open straight roads. The big ole meats out back can be a real handful in wet weather. As an aside, I drive in miserable Chicagoland traffic enough to know this could be like making out with a supermodel and not being able to take your clothes off. Frustrating, to say the least.

Originally Posted By: dparm
From what I have read, the Viper can be a real handful to drive. And be sure not to burn your legs on the side-exit exhaust...

Got a ton of time in one at Homestead in Miami. A terrific chassis, super responsive. I could easily adjust my line in the corkscrew just by using the throttle. Very communicative, if you're a driver you'll love it.

No electronic band aids, the lack of ABS was a real surprise. Many Vipers bite it on the street because in a panic stop they don't!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: dparm

No electronic band aids, the lack of ABS was a real surprise. Many Vipers bite it on the street because in a panic stop they don't!

I think some Viper drivers don't realize they driving lessons to operate it. There have been a few crashes around here of street racing (with adults no less) who have died.

Including an interesting one of a WRX wagon(likely modded) in 140MPH+ speeds with following Viper losing control. Never found the WRX driver.

Money for sure does not equate to driving skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back