noisier engine with 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Why M1 resonates like that I don't know.

It's because of all that iron in it
lol.gif
27.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Why M1 resonates like that I don't know.

It's because of all that iron in it
lol.gif
27.gif

33.gif
Thought I made a good choice... Should have stayed with the QSGB

Originally Posted By: 45ACP
For all this talk of M1 and Toyota 0W-20, nobody seems to care that Mobil 1 is Supertech in the XOM bottles.

No, it's not M1 in the XOM made SuperTech bottles, it's either MS5K or Mobil Special. Look at the MS5K jugs, they are identical besides being black in color rather than blue.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: 45ACP
For all this talk of M1 and Toyota 0W-20, nobody seems to care that Mobil 1 is Supertech in the XOM bottles.

Did you fall off the bus this morning? You honestly think that XOM just slaps M1 in the SuperTech bottles and doesn't make it to "Walmart" spec's?

Don't take this the wrong way, but if XOM is producing Supertech, they won't have a specific formula for "Walmart" specs. The API won't let you change the formula if you are repackaging someone else's oil unless you do a full spectrum of testing to the tune of $250K plus royalties.
Odds are the bottling plant that handles Supertech buys an API approved formula (not necessarily M1 but knowing XOM it wouldn't surprise me) oil in bulk from XOM and then puts it in the private label bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back