Briggs and stratton 140cc engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at walmart last night, looked at there lawnmowers, they had one with a briggs engine,140cc 5.5 torque, looked like there old flat head with a valve cover attached to the head ?

That's a very different engine than the flat-heads. Most likely a Chinese import.

This is the first year I've noticed this Briggs labeled, 140cc OHV engine on units sold at my local home/hardware stores.

I assume it will eventually phase out the flat-heads all together.

Like I always say, I like the smoothness, power and low fuel consumption of these OHV engines, but are they as simple and long lasting as the old flat-heads? Probably not.

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK

Like I always say, I like the smoothness, power and low fuel consumption of these OHV engines, but are they as simple and long lasting as the old flat-heads? Probably not.

Joel

I agree. I've never had a flathead engine issue, more than i can say for OHV.

In something that gets used a few hours a week at most longevity and easy repair is the key. How much fuel are you going to save in a years time?

Originally Posted By: 97 GTP
Originally Posted By: JTK

Joel

I agree. I've never had a flathead engine issue, more than i can say for OHV.

In something that gets used a few hours a week at most longevity and easy repair is the key. How much fuel are you going to save in a years time?

last weekend I got out my pressure washer for the first time since Fall. I couldnt believe the valve chatter it had for a few minutes (5.5hp Chonda.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back