Tire wear and alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cchase
I'd love to find a good alignment shop. Sometimes I wonder about the ball joints and tierod ends on my truck but every place kept telling me they were still okay. With 370k miles I don't know how they are.

A good quick test for tie rod ends is to have someone wiggle the steering wheel back and forth rapidly about 1-2 inches, and the other guy looks under the car for parts that are moving, or have slop. There should be no play at all.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Originally Posted By: cchase
I'd love to find a good alignment shop. Sometimes I wonder about the ball joints and tierod ends on my truck but every place kept telling me they were still okay. With 370k miles I don't know how they are.

A good quick test for tie rod ends is to have someone wiggle the steering wheel back and forth rapidly about 1-2 inches, and the other guy looks under the car for parts that are moving, or have slop. There should be no play at all.

Yeah, I've been through all that song and dance. No movement or slop anywhere. I just can't believe that 19 years and 370,000 miles haven't worn them out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back