Bosch Plug for Echo 230 trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo calls for NGK BPM8Y. Lowes carries a Bosch 7819 (WS5F)which says it is a direct replacement for NGK BPM8Y. Was surprised because I didn't think the NGK BPM8Y had a direct replacement. Without getting into a Bosch vs NGK argument, can anyone tell me if the Bosch 7819 has an acceptable heat range for my 230 trimmer? Thanks.

PS Doing some more Googling I see that some websites say the Bosch WS5F replaces NGK BMP7Y which is a hotter plug. Guess I'll give Bosch a call.

Last edited:
Bosch super start spark plug WSR6F is recommended for that application. Use this link to look up part number for other types of Bosch plugs.

http://www.boschsparkplugs.net/

I choose.

Lawn and garden
outdoor power equipment
Echo
Trimmer brushcutter

Originally Posted By: wally6934
Bosch super start spark plug WSR6F is recommended for that application. Use this link to look up part number for other types of Bosch plugs.

http://www.boschsparkplugs.net/

I think that table is not current. If you enter WS5F or WSR5F you will see they are not yet in the Bosch database. The Bosch WSR6F (7813) cross references to the NGK BPM7Y(A) which is a hotter plug than the NGK BPM8Y(A) which the SRM230 OM specifies. I'm thinking Bosch came out with the colder WS5F to more closely (exactly?)match the NGK BPM8Y(A). I'll call Bosch today.

Last edited:
Here we go. Bosch 7819 and 7544 are both WS5F plugs, right in the middle of the Bosch heat range. 7819 is in a bubble pack and 7544 is in a box. The WS5F does directly match the NGK BPM8Y heat range and is the correct plug for the SRM230 trimmer.

PS The boschsparkplug.net website is not affiliated with Bosch and not up to date.

Originally Posted By: artbuc

PS The boschsparkplug.net website is not affiliated with Bosch and not up to date.

Those fake web sites really burn me, but thanks for info, i will un-bookmark it.

Bosch makes great products, but their sparkplugs can be sketchy in some applications. I'd personally run a Champion or Autolite if you don't want another NGK.

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
Bosch makes great products, but their sparkplugs can be sketchy in some applications. I'd personally run a Champion or Autolite if you don't want another NGK.

Joel

Nothing goes in my cars except Denso (first choice by far) or NGK. Yes, have heard many bad stories re Bosch plugs in cars. For my OPE, Champion or Bosch usually go in because they are readily available. Would buy NGK if I could but I'm not going to drive 15 miles or pay S&H just to buy NGK.

The Autolite website cross reference for the NGK BPM8Y is way wrong!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
If you have choice of NGK or Denso, why would you even consider any other plug??

Please reread my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back