Pennzoil platinum performance vs mobil1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Originally Posted By: penz08
did the engine rev easier, aslo do you know who makes toyota 0w20

Because of it's very high VI it'a about 65% lighter at 0C and even 30% lighter at 25C vs a typical 5W-20. So yes you should notice the reduced oil drag on everytime you start your car.

It's made my Mobil in the States. Is imported in bulk my Esso (Imperial Oil) and bottled here in 1 litre and 5L jugs.
It costs about 5 bucks/L at your local Toyota/Lexus dealer.
The following is a VOA on the oil:

Thanks for the info, mobile is eveery where

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2409059#Post2409059

Because of it's very high VI it'a about 65% lighter at 0C and even 30% lighter at 25C vs a typical 5W-20. So yes you should notice the reduced oil drag on everytime you start your car.

It's made my Mobil in the States. Is imported in bulk my Esso (Imperial Oil) and bottled here in 1 litre and 5L jugs.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2409059#Post2409059

Why do you use 10w30 in your chrysler anyway, its the worst oil weight?

How is it the worst oil weight. Do I ever get below Zero or even further, it has a pour point of -45F to -48F below zero. Lowest I have seen in ohio was 7 degrees, a Dino is good for -7F out and I'm talking a full synthetic. It's all 30 weight at temp. It is also what my manufacturer recommends as I'm still under warranty. Worse, I don't get that statement. Maybe it due to the high output motor and they don't want the oil to shear like many 5W30 do, especially dino oils. You have to ask the Chrysler Engineers, certainly isn't thing worse about it than any other oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
Penz08, you have lots to learn about oils. A lot of your statements are not true. I suggest some reading on the main page about oils in general and surf the gasoline pcmo forum. 5k on dino is perfectly fine, heck even 7.5k depending on your driving conditions and engine. Why use 10w-30 in a Chrysler? Because that's what some of Chrysler engines are speced to run on and says to use it in the OM.

+1 on that..LOL! I think he was referring to my engine. I left an explanation.

Mobil 1 most likely recommends using this weight in his vehicle. I do know for a fact, that if I go to the Mobil 1 website, the recommended oil weight for my vehicle is 10w-30 for Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 EP. However, they also list 0w-30 AFE, as an alternative.

So all 10w-30 grade oils are not dead. Unless there is excessive inventory of 10w-30 that Mobil 1 needs to unload, so they spec it out for some vehicles.

Why do you use 10w30 in your chrysler anyway, its the worst oil weight?

Diesel section is having a discourse on what is better: schilling or trolling disguised as Penzoil vs Mobil in gasoline application thread. You, people, will do anything to stay away from your lovely ladies..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back