Can I use 2 stroke unmixed oil in a car engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you even consider this? You don't know the weight or if there are any additives. This could be very bad for your engine. It's meant to provide lubrication when burnt !

Get the right oil for your vehicles engine, and use the 2-cycle oil in a 2 cycle engine or added to diesel fuel as a lubricant.

Send it to me, I will pay shipping.

Last edited:
No, the flash point is WAY too low (to allow it to easily burn) and it's underadditised (low/no TBN) since there is no oil sump in a 2-stroke. You could use it as a "flush".

IMO....If it is 2 stroke engine oil, TC-W3, Burns Ash-less, then mix 1 ounce to each 5 gallons of fuel at the pump for a great UCL,Upper Cylinder Lube, for your vehicle.

Make sure to read the contents....if it is "ASHLESS" and the front of the Jug mentions....TC-W3....use it in your gasoline if you want/need a smooth ride. Remember only 1 ounce per every 5 gallons of regular or premium gasoline.

IMO....Do not ever put this oil into your crankcase unless you want problems.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
No, the flash point is WAY too low (to allow it to easily burn) and it's underadditised (low/no TBN) since there is no oil sump in a 2-stroke. You could use it as a "flush".

If by "flush" you mean adding 1/2 quart just before draining, than I might try it on an older engine that I didn't care about, but I wouldn't use it in a newer engine. TCW-3 contains a lot of solvents. I don't think those solvents would be good for bearing surfaces under load for a long time. I would guess that it might be like a harsher MMO in the engine.

My thinking at the time was that if this oil can lube a High revving little motor, mixed with Gasoline at the lean Ratios they have these days, the it can lube my low tech Mazda and Jeep motors. And I knew it was of Low viscosity, Duh, and usually used it in the cooler mot=nths, to lessen the High Viscosity I usually ran in these motors, usually being HD30 or 40 weights.

The high revving little motors have roller bearings on the crankshaft and rods. Car engines have babbit bearings. Big difference.

Originally Posted By: v194
No as a replacement for crankcase oil.
2 cycle oil that is.
Remember it is unmixed with fuel.

Just when you thought you had heard everything...

If you make your own personal decision to use this 2 stroke engine oil in your crankcase....let us all know how you make out.

I know that I, for one, would like to read about it.

1013715312.jpg

In all seriousness though, don't do it. 2-stroke oil is just as qualified as cooking oil, liquid soap, or diet caffeine-free Coca-Cola to go in your crankcase. In other words, it will not work.

Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
Ive done it before! I used Synthetic Blend 2 Stroke snowmobile oil as top-offs for A Ford Courier Mazda motor and a Jeep 2.5 4 banger.
Any oil is better than no oil, but 2-stroke oil is not the right stuff for a 4-stroke engine. Don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back