What Viz is spec'd for 2012 Mazda CX-9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the 2011s spec a 5W-20 conventional. It sure seems like this big, powerful V6 could benefit from a 30 wt. Mazda doesn't seem to want to wade into the synthetic waters.

I suspect that Mazda doesn't touch syncs yet because the rotary motors don't like it due to the way it burns.

The 'weight' is driven by the design and temps of the motor. Most motors require what is spec'd. Going thicker without sound reaso is stupid and 'it's a large v6' doesn't count for reason.

If you really feel the need to go thicker, then run some UOA'S and see if you require a thicker ok or not.

CX9 doesnt have a rotary and Mazda has been specing 0w20 for the new 2012 Mazda 3 and 2013 Mazda CX5. If 5w20 conventional is spec'd then I would just use a good quality syn for the same weight. There are many choices out there :
PP , Synpower , QSUD , M1.

For the money I'd look into MC 5w20 syn blend ...... supposedly has around 60% syn content , one of the highest.

Or you can use VWB, PYB , Mobil Super 5000.

It is fully understood the the 3.7 in the 9 and 6 and not rotary but Mazda probably doesn't want want to confuse consumers with different rules per vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back