The best chart ever on gasoline additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
That info doesn't make sense. If I add 16 ounces of Alcohol to 20 gallons of fuel, I have not increased the alcohol content significantly: Less than 1%. Most fuel system cleaners (like B-12) have less than 10% Alcohol in a 16 ounce bottle. That brings it down to less than 0.1% increase.

I disagree that gasoline additives are unnecessary. Maybe for most drivers they are not needed, but there are exceptions. That's pretty much my take on it. Seems like an interesting article.

Last edited:
Yes, this site has been mentioned previously.....they seem to be against the alcohol in the gasoline....though it kind of makes sense...why add Alcohol, to more alcohol? :p But yes, I'll still be using Sea Foam, B-12, MMO, etc....in my tanks.....B-12 and Sea Foam are more of the annual treatment type.....MMO typically goes in every tank.

I wish they had a real "sortable" chart, rather than the HTML chart :p Would be neat to sort by Alcohol, Water Soluble, etc....Interesting, the * on the chart means it's a recommended additive.which leaves only Startron, and some "Maxima Racing Oils" which I've NEVER heard of.....kind of surprised the Sta-Bil Marine Treatment did not make their "*" mark
wink.gif
Since I've heard good stuff about that product as well (almost as good as Star-Tron....)

You should be able to get Star-Tron from Walmart, it's in their Sporting Goods department with the "Marine accessories"...I've used it before, didn't notice any signficant improvements...but the "enzyme detergents" is a new idea :p I'm thinking it's likely just another "oil based" UCL type additive though...?

Originally Posted By: ahoier
Yes, this site has been mentioned previously.....they seem to be against the alcohol in the gasoline....though it kind of makes sense...why add Alcohol, to more alcohol? :p But yes, I'll still be using Sea Foam, B-12, MMO, etc....in my tanks.....B-12 and Sea Foam are more of the annual treatment type.....MMO typically goes in every tank.

I tend to believe this is backwards.... I don't use MMO... But SF/B12 every tank will not hurt anything.

None of the oil/solvent/alcohol mixtures will hurt much .
Just pretty wasteful.
I think of it this way . You already have 1-2 gallons of ethanol per tank. What is another pint.
Same goes for oil and solvents. How much damage can a pint can of 5 wt. oil and some benzene or paint thinner do. Its already a part of most crude oil anyway.
Same goes for acetone . Its a good solvent .
That is all you are trying to do. Dissolve either baked on or caked on carbon.

iam 63 i cant read that much. does some one have a short version? mostly should i STILL keep running MMO? also would it be worth my time to find a non-alcohol fuel?

That article at the top states it is for using additives with an E10 gas not regular gas that most people use. So I will keep using Seafoam in my gas and put it in my oil every oil change too. I have been using it with every oil change with no problem and also in my gas with no problem either.

I can't even get non-ethanol containing fuel around here. I have to drive at least 1 hour or more, IIRC, based on puregas's site.

Originally Posted By: TDOHGL01
That article at the top states it is for using additives with an E10 gas not regular gas that most people use. So I will keep using Seafoam in my gas and put it in my oil every oil change too. I have been using it with every oil change with no problem and also in my gas with no problem either.

Um most DO use E10 gas. There is 1 gas station within 80 miles of here, Capital of PA, that has Ethanol free gas. It's only offered as 87 and it is $0.50 more than E10. It is no longer "regular gas," since MOST have ethanol.

Actually the "regular gas" supposedly is more like E15 if not E20. Have not seen this myself thankfully, all I use say up to 10% Ethanol. If that label is not visible they can use up to 20%. Many cars are having issues.

I honestly like superior motoring benefits from the dollar tree the best. I know it works. I tested it on a bad master cylinder a winning power steering pump, and dirty fuel injectors. All those things clean and working again. It also gave my car a lot more pep, and even helped level out my oil pressure. Plus it made my engine a lot quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back