First ATF Drain & Fill for 2011 Kia Forte ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Kia Forte manual indicates first ATF (SP-IV) drain & fill is something like 60K miles . That seems a little long to me and is probably more to comply to environmental requirements , etc.
* If it were you and you plan on keeping this vehicle in top shape - when would you do your first drain & fill (miles) and what interval (miles) would you use there after ? Vehicle is mostly used in suburban conditions with 20% highway use and currently has 6,600 miles on it if that helps . Thanks in advance for for replies...

25K-30K intervals is a nice easy number to remember. And a drain and fill will get half of it out, so at the 60K you will have changed the majority of the ATF by way of 2 drain-and-fills. For the first change though, I prefer to go a bit earlier, at the 20k-25K mark, just to get those initial wear bits out.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
You can't go wrong with 30k intervals. That should keep it fresh.

+1....30K to 40K....I think would be reasonable. Adding a Magnefine filter might be a good idea...and be sure to use Lubegard Red (1 oz for every quart of ATF).

Another suggestion I've heard is to do the first drain and fill at 10K to get the initial wear particles out, and then to do 50K or as often as recommended by the manufacturer thereafter.

Originally Posted By: NateDN10
Another suggestion I've heard is to do the first drain and fill at 10K to get the initial wear particles out, and then to do 50K or as often as recommended by the manufacturer thereafter.

I have also heard this and it may not be a bad idea...

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Originally Posted By: NateDN10

I have also heard this and it may not be a bad idea...

1+......I would agree with the above as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back