Is there a way to form heater hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know a way to form/bend 5/8 or 3/4 rubber or silicone heater hose? I want to run some heater hose, and want it to look clean and like it is suppose to be there.

Gates Unicoil is a product that will allow you to put bends into and route a heater hose. It's simply a group of wire rings with a spine that you slip over a hose and the spine allows you to create a bend. Not sure where they're available for retail purchase.

http://www.gates-unicoil.com/

The Unicoil product is great. I have used several of them in my Peugeot, for which molded hoses are no longer available.

They are tricky to install on silicone hoses because the outer hose layer is so sticky. A little spritz of soapy water does the trick.

I don't want a something on the outside that will scratch things or rub through other parts. If the spring will fit inside, than it should work.

Is this not a stock application? Use the stock type hose...
crazy.gif

If you need something with a bend in it that's custom, form a relationship with a parts store, and start looking through their hoses. Trial and error.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
I don't want a something on the outside that will scratch things or rub through other parts. If the spring will fit inside, than it should work.
You are not going to be able to get what you want.

Get some metal pipe, bend it, then use 100% antifreeze as lube to slide the hose over it. Helps if you boil the hose ahead of time to make it soft. To keep the line from kinking, stuff it with sand. (Clean up good afterwards.)

Just use the metal line for the elbow part and however long you need for it to look "normal".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back