Napa VS O'reilly Autoparts. Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MNgopher
The non-Genuine Parts Company locations here within a 25 miles distance all have their inventory and pricing available on the Napa website. Your mileage may vary...

That's interesting. The stores in nearby towns here don't have that info on the website. Where the price/stock would be it just tells you to call the store.

If its in Napa's catalogs, the price shows up for me, regardless of whether its a corporate for franchised location. If it says to call the store, it means they don't have it in stock. Calling them gives them a chance to tell you how long it will take to get, etc...

My cousin runs the NAPA store here. There were 4 independent parts stores here in town less than a block or so from each other. He and his Dad still made a killing until AutoZone came to town in the 90's,and then Oreilly came here about 10 years ago. They really put a hurt on his business.

The prices of the big chains were WAY cheaper than what my cousin was charging. I kinda got away from doing business with him for several years. With the advent of the internet,I've found that the prices at NAPA are much more reasonable and competitive than they used to be. Some of the parts may be more expensive,but they're supposedly higher quality.

The last major purchase I made was from AutoZone for a wheel-bearing. They had the best combo of price and warranty,and we had planned to get rid of the car by now anyway.

RockAuto,Amazon,or Ebay is probably your best bet if you aren't in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back