WHAT OIL FILTER DOES EVERYONE USE ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Malo83
WIX
34.gif

Too bad most aren't arent made is the USA anymore.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Purolators on all 3 cars, mostly PureOnes but Classics are not off the menu. The Jeep does not care for Purolators of either variety, start up noise, but ironically thus far it seems quite happy on the Motorcraft version which is made by Purolator. Must be the Ford spec'd different ADBV/Bypass valve arrangement.

I have start up noise on my WJ jeep 4.0 with motorcraft FL1A ( over size ), my jeep love pure 1

Hah that's funny, Jeeps all have their own personality don't they? I've not had a peep of trouble out of the Motorcraft, but my problems with the other Puro's were inconsistent so the MC may yet surprise me. If the MC doesn't work out, a lot of Jeepers also seem to have good results with the Wix/Napa Gold filters.

Mobil 1 EP right now, but Im stocking up on Donaldson P169071 for when I run out.

I use whatever I get a good deal on. I've pretty much used them all throughout the years. I have no problem with a Fram (even with it's fiber endcaps), Supertech or just about any other house filter. I have a engine at the back of my garage that still has a Target filter on it. Now that's going back.

Having said that I am glad to see the Purolator Classic on the WM shelf. It gives me another low price filter option.

i use group 7 (purolator) that we pay $2.00 a piece for at the shop, i use them because they are cheap and the flow seems to be good...They are ok filters for two dollars we use them on most of the rebuilt engines we do..
I use oem on the Hyundai's they are quality and they are priced well where i get them

10 Armada Pure 1
95 Camry Pure 1
Brute Force Pure 1
16kw Generator Pure 1
04 F-150 MotorCraft/Pure 1

I was using the Toyota OEM filters for my Sequoia and Tacoma and then became a bit more OCD about this Clean Engine stuff. So after viewing youtube videos and looking around I now only use what are considered the top end over the counter filters.
Mobil 1 and K&N (these are identical on the inside)
From what I'm reading, Amsoil EaO and RP are thought to be the very best due to the synthetic media which will filter very small stuff for longer OCI's.
Last summer I got full synthetic oil and Mobil1 filters for 20 bucks, so I stocked up.
By the way I've never had any negative issues with the Toyota OEM filters during 3 to 5 K OCI. I just wanted to step it up a little.
Now, finding the very best filters for the very best price is half the fun. Cheers!

At the moment, I'm using an M1, a P1, a D+, a Fram cartridge and a Puro classic on the various cars.
There were a number of good deals on filters last summer, including MIRs. When you can use a D+ for ~$3.50, including tax and postage, thanks to an AAP coupon code and an MIR, why wouldn't you?

I used to use Pure 1 exclusively. Lately at $2.80 a pop, I've been loading up on Walmart Super Tech. American made. I cut one open and its a darn good filter, with great reviews and a loyal following.

I also like Napa Gold by Wix. For the BMW Mann filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back