WHAT OIL FILTER DOES EVERYONE USE ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have around 15 filters that I either got for free or for a few bucks mostly with oil change deals. I only buy filters when there is a MIR or with an oil change deal. The D+ filters I got for a net price of $3.50 each with an AAP code and MIR. I should have gotten a couple of D+ for my Sienna, but got all 4 for my Astro. I have around 3-4 years worth of oil in my stash for both vans, so unless the oil or filter is free I am not buying any more for a while.

I have a mix of Bosch D+, P1, Wix, Purolator Classics, and a few Microguards. I cut open an OCOD a month or so ago when I got the oil cutter tool (bought the exhaust cutting tool at Harbor freight - works well opening up the filters for $17 or so FYI). Figured since I was not going to used the OCOD, I would cut it open to practice and see how much cardboard really is in there....

I am going to reuse the D+ that is on my Astro for at least two changes, maybe three.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 345hemi
I was curious as to what oil filter does everyone use? I personally either use WIX Gold/ NAPA Gold or MOPAR filters. Have taken them apart after 5,6,7 k oci's and they look to have held very well! Would like hear what brands all of you are using. I'm always open to new ideas!

345hemi,

On my 01' Durango I like to use Purolator "PURE ONE"/PL14670 as I heard Purolator makes MOPAR oil filters. I never tried any Napa's but I heard there just as good. One do I'll break down and try one.

Durango

In my teenager days it was Fram, then I started working at o'reilly and it became Wix. Now I have graduated college and it's nothing but Pureoloator Classics or PureOnes on my cars, and either MotorCraft or Purolator on the rest of my family's vehicles.

Purolator made in USA. Wix being made wherever and having a smaller element did it for me.

OEM Hengst filter since it's pretty much the only one available for my motor. $17 at NAPA or $24 at the stealership.

on my last Truck 2003 Silverado 2500hd 6.0 4 speed 410 rear. i used Fram, Supertech, Microguard, Champion, & ACDelco oil filters for 110.000 miles before trading it in. ran perfect. never used a drop of oil & mostly cheap dino oil was used, Peak, Havoline, Chevron supreme, supertech. on my New 2010 Avalanche i use AC Delco & Champion oil filters, & qsud, castrol gtx motor oil.

Last edited:
In my '04 Cavalier Ecotec I use whatever I find that's generally domestic: AC Delco, Purolator, but I'll use whatever is free since they are all about the same. AC Delco *Hengst) filters are only $4.30.

In my '09 Kia Rondo I always just use the real Hyundai filters. They are excellent quality and my local dealer has them for less than $5 as well. I don't trust most third-party canisters anyway. I have used a Purolator PureOne on it once, and had no issues.

Besides what I show below I also have waiting for my Ridge: Bosch Premium (4), Bosch D+ (2), Supertech (4), Purolator P1 (2), Fram TG (1), Fram HM (1), Wix (2)
For my Legend: Bosch Premium (4), Purolator Classic (2), Microgard (3), Wix (3)
150 qts of oil stashed so far (am a minor BITOGer) includes PU, PP, M1, MS5k, Peak Syn, Napa Syn, QSUD, QS Defy, NextGen MaxLife, Kendall Syn and HM, G-oil

I have about 10 of the PureOne filters for my newer Chevy pickup. For my older pickup, a 93 Chevy, I use Baldwin filters. I got em cheap at a gas station close out sale.

Purolators on all 3 cars, mostly PureOnes but Classics are not off the menu. The Jeep does not care for Purolators of either variety, start up noise, but ironically thus far it seems quite happy on the Motorcraft version which is made by Purolator. Must be the Ford spec'd different ADBV/Bypass valve arrangement.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Purolators on all 3 cars, mostly PureOnes but Classics are not off the menu. The Jeep does not care for Purolators of either variety, start up noise, but ironically thus far it seems quite happy on the Motorcraft version which is made by Purolator. Must be the Ford spec'd different ADBV/Bypass valve arrangement.

I have start up noise on my WJ jeep 4.0 with motorcraft FL1A ( over size ), my jeep love pure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back