Where to buy spare tires for 1996 honda accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple month ago, I got off work around 6-7pm saturday it was heavy raining, I saw this young couple around 19-23 years old try to take out their spare tire on their honda accord, seem like they try really hard but their jack could raise the car up any higher, so I stop by and give them a hand, find out his gf got a flat, her bf came and put install their spare tires, when he low the car down, the spare tires pop
frown.gif
. anyway i use my jack out off my camaro, and help them take out the spare tire, at the end seem like they have to leave their car over night, and inside me I though, its not safe for them to leave the car here, and I know this neighbor is not a good place, to make story short, i got a spare tires out off my little brother honda accord, install for them, and told them take back monday when u got your other tires fix, i told them this is where i work, just came inside ask for me, and my camaro is part out side. I havent heard from them ever since
frown.gif
, To think of it, i was helping them on heavy rainny day and they did that to me, but I also think they might have their reason, mabe they cant find me or they cant afford new tires, or they try to run on spare tires as long as they can til they can find a new tires, it been couple month and im go ahead and put it behind me.

I wonder where is best place to buy a replacement spare tire that fit a 1996 honda accord.

Last edited:
+1. Nice of you to do that, but Id have at least taken theirs, maybe even a deposit, cellphone #, etc.

Also check ebay!

Thanks, at that time, i dint think about getting any moneys out off them, inside me it just a spare tires who would run away with spare tires, all i want that time is helping them so they can get the car home safety and bring back the spare tires when they got there tire fix.

I check ebay, shipping kill the deal
frown.gif
I think imma make a trip to junk yard this saturday.

Last edited:
Good question. I started looking to buy a replacement tire, seeing mine is probably way overdue just based on age. If I need a spare, I'd like it to work. Tire Rack had some "blog" pieces about replacing your temporary spare, but I couldn't find a spot to actually order one. I should have asked the shop I've been using while they had a tire promotion going on. A fresh temporary tire for a Civic can't be that expensive.

I'd just go to a junk yard, should be able to get a like new doughnut for cheap...

I don't worry about the age of tires that are stored out of the weather, I've run tires that were 15+ years old without issue... In fact there is a 20 year old set on my '69 Fairlane that were bought in Feb '92 and my '98 Grand Marquis still has it's original tires, though at 50K mi they are about ready to be replaced due to wear...

My corolla spare exploded (by itself) in the trunk as it was pumped to 60 PSI as it should. It was 8 years old. I could not find replacement in the junk yard (car was too new), but bought one on ebay for $20-30 IIRC. The only thing was, I had to remount it to my rim. The tire place did that for free.

I suspect the reason it's nearly impossible to find a retailer who sells the donut spares is there's not a lot money in manufacturing replacements or in selling them. It's only one tire that maybe 5-10% of car owners think to replace every 6-8 years.

I assume a 14" rim fits over the brakes? Maybe get one of those with the smallest used 14" regular tire from the wreckers. Maybe it will fit right in? Don't even bother to get it balanced.

It is worth going a few extra miles to go to a really big junk yard so you have a good selection. If you do not know what yard are the big ones, ask some mechanics who have been in the business for many years.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I gotta say, stories like this are why I don't help people. It seems like any time I do help someone it ends up biting me in the rear later.

TBH I been bite quiet a few time, and some time I go back and think of it, it hurt me so bad. But I believe in karma. Beside peoples do help me in the past, like I did to this couple, and I dint come back say thanks to those that help me or appreicate it, time past by make me realise think, so I repay them by help other. I know I cant help every single situation, but if I think I can help, I will help them no matter what, at the end of the day I feel good on helping other event though. for me everything in life that you can buy is just material , moneys is not important to me tbh, moneys and material come and go, feeling and love is stay for ever.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I gotta say, stories like this are why I don't help people. It seems like any time I do help someone it ends up biting me in the rear later.

TBH I been bite quiet a few time, and some time I go back and think of it, it hurt me so bad. But I believe in karma. Beside peoples do help me in the past, like I did to this couple, and I dint come back say thanks to those that help me or appreicate it, time past by make me realise think, so I repay them by help other. I know I cant help every single situation, but if I think I can help, I will help them no matter what, at the end of the day I feel good on helping other event though. for me everything in life that you can buy is just material , moneys is not important to me tbh, moneys and material come and go, feeling and love is stay for ever.

Can someone translate this gibberish.

If you need it translated, you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.
Good for you, MetalSlug.
Karma is real, and you've certainly earned some of the good kind.
WRT the spare, any junkyard having Accords of this generation will have cars with the spare sitting brand new in the trunk.
Find one that has always had a dry trunk.
You'll be able to tell by looking at the rim and the well in which the spare sits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back