My oil filter shrine

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an OLD mopar filter for when they changed over to spin on, they made a case that came apart with a removable element. i dont have the part no with me ill try to find it. its VERY rare. you can find it in a OLD fram cat. but i think the element is not ave able any more.

My collection...but close to what you have

P1010001-2.jpg

1 - M1-110
1 - K&N HP1010
2 - PureOne-PL 14610
1 - Napa Platinum PFL 41356
1 - Fram Extraguard XG7317
1 - Supertech ST7317 - Non ecore
Soon to add a Purolator Synthetic PSL 14610 or two as soon as I can find them.

Kind of hard to see from the picture (some are stacked on top of each other) but I just counted 31 plus I picked up a couple extra freebie Microgards on the O'Reily/Maxlife FAR deal.

6 - Microgards
6 - UPF52 Ultraguard Golds
7 - PureOne
3 - Bosch D+
6 - Purolator Classics
2 - Mobil 1

This is the stash in my parent's garage, where I do all the oil changes. This stash goes for five cars so it should last a while now that they are all pushing 7.5k OCIs.

r2q6ti.jpg

9ftcv9.jpg

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Here is an old picture of what I usually have for the cars.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1137853

Wow! that's a lot of oil/filters! I think I'm on standby right now for oil (of course, that's what I said 4 months ago before these MIR's came out to get NextGen and QSUD for free!). Although I do want to pick up a couple quarts of TropArctic and Kendall Liquid Titanium this weekend (for sale $1.98/qt at my local Alco). I don't NEED them, absolutely not, but I don't have any in my stash and...I guess I'll admit it I'm a hoarder.

Anywho, right now I have about 50 qts of oil in my closet. Too much. Wife says no! lol. I'd agree, we have more than enough for our two vehicles that we change twice a year.

I have a small collection of filters: 3 Wix, 2 P1's, 1 Denso, 1 Microgard oil filter.

However I've been hoarding oil lately. Picked up 42qts of oil this month alone due to oil sales.

I feel like my supply of 6 per vehicle is excessive, of course I use quality oil and follow the service manual and OLM which is 7500 miles and >8 months for me. I was even thinking I should follow the Civic manual with every other oil change getting a filter change. I feel the best deal on oil or filters in not to throw away half used products.I was even thinking I should return some P1 filters that I paid more than ~$3.

So forget the picture (well, not entirely)...I bought a NAPA Gold filter for my Hyundai yesterday. It was the last day of the Gold sale and it came to $4.40 with tax, so I decided to pounce. It's a $14 filter, it showed the regular price on the sales ticket. The guy said it would easily go 8-10k if I use synthetic and drive responsibly.

So, that makes 12 for the Hyundai, 14 for the Toy.

LOL! at least it was a great deal. Now, time to close that closet and not add anything else to it!

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
So forget the picture (well, not entirely)...I bought a NAPA Gold filter for my Hyundai yesterday. It was the last day of the Gold sale and it came to $4.40 with tax, so I decided to pounce. It's a $14 filter, it showed the regular price on the sales ticket. The guy said it would easily go 8-10k if I use synthetic and drive responsibly.

So, that makes 12 for the Hyundai, 14 for the Toy.

LOL! at least it was a great deal. Now, time to close that closet and not add anything else to it!

I am curious with your two vehicles being similar in age and miles. What has been your experience on reliability and mileage?

dear lord im becoming an oil/filter nerd...
just looking at the pic in the op, without reading his signature i saw the QS4386's, and went, Oh he's got a toyota.

after buying a few of them for my buddy's pontiac vibe(toyota 1zz-fe engine - car is 90% toyota corolla/matrix if you didn't know)

If there's ever a shortage of oil filters, you guys can make big money by selling some of your stock at an insanely high markup, and still have enough filters to last for a while
laugh.gif

Here is a photo of my stash which consists of:
  • 17 Motorcraft FL-820s (FX4)
  • 7 Purolator PL14610 (Brute Force)
  • 2 WIX 51334 (Elanta)
  • 2 STP S2808 (Elantra)
  • 1 Purolator PL35610 (Azera)
All kept in sealed containers and inside the house to prevent insect or heat damage.
20120305182839.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back