Interior Trim Removal Tool Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to be installing some new speakers in my car soon, as well as an auto dimming mirror. I am looking for a good yet budget-friendly interior trim removal tool. I have seen a set of 5 flexible plastic "tools" at harbor freight, but they didnt look like they would last. There is a set on Amazon that is similar but made of ABS plastic, still not convinced that it either wont bend/brake.
Any tool that you guys recommend that is sturdy yet wont scratch up interior trim?

The harbor freight tools work fine for the occasional DIY. After all, you don't want something that will mangle your trim.

I've used them a hand full of times on a couple different cars, and they gave me no problems.

At that price, they are practically disposable. If my step son loses one, or forgets to put it back where he found it, no big deal.

I've got the Harbor Freight set and it works just fine. I have yet to run into an instance where a larger set would be needed. None of the tools have broken, either.

I am a big fan of the fork style trim tool. Can use it on all kinds of stuff.

tool.jpg

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I am a big fan of the fork style trim tool. Can use it on all kinds of stuff.

tool.jpg

Yes - excellent tool and not too expensive either.

I got a fork style Lisle tool from Oreilly's. Use it all the time does a good job and if I recall it only cost about $10. I have had very good service from all the Lisle tools I have purchased.

I have the blue set from HF, and they work excellent. No, they can't be used as an actual pry bar, but they are excellent for what they are intended for. I also have a metal one, and it will/does scratch the heck out of everything. That's why I prefer the HF ones -- no scratches. I think I did manage to break one, but it was my fault. They are on coupon for $4.99 now.

A search for "trim removal" on the automobile section of www.amazon.com will produce a slew of kits.

I purchased an 8-piece trim removal kit from www.griotsgarage.com. I left it in the back of my car at the dealership where I took my car for service. The thief that stole this trim removal set gave it the highest endorsement possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back