The switch from Honda ATF Z1 to DW-1.... issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: joel95ex
there is a recall on AT for accord just recently. may affect the acura too---was a bearing issue

I don't believe it included any Acuras, but it definitely included Accords. It was for CR-Vs, Accords, etc. Only for the 4-cylinder transmissions as I recall. If the driver repeatedly and quickly shifted from reverse to drive to reverse to drive, and kept doing that (like rocking the car from snow), it could wear one of the shaft bearings. So they adjusted the programming to soften the engagement between forward and reverse.

Lately, I think Honda is as guilty of programming errors as anything else with their transmissions. Service bulletins exist for a variety of Honda/Acura cars for torque converter shudder. Our MDX was doing this also. Seems their low-speed engagement for the torque converter may have been a little bit too aggressive, and the TSB included a re-flash to raise the engagement point. It fixes the problem, but it's something that should have been worked out better during development.

is the re-flash also affect later MDX? the TSX also share engine and tranny with Accord, so, is it affected too? thanks

Originally Posted By: gogozy
is the re-flash also affect later MDX? the TSX also share engine and tranny with Accord, so, is it affected too? thanks

I don't remember seeing it affecting the MDX or the TSX. But you could search the Googles and find something about it I imagine.

Just did a trans drain and refill on a co-worker's 2008 TSX with 52,000 miles. The original fluid was light brown and the transmission shifted somewhat sloppy.

I put in 3 qt of DW-1 and even after idling for several minutes, and driving the car HARD for about a mile, the fluid level was a hair under the min mark (within 60 sec of shutdown).

Does anyone know how much fluid it takes to get from the min mark to the max mark?

Also, the drain and refill made a small difference in shift quality but the difference is not really noticeable unless you were looking for it.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Just did a trans drain and refill on a co-worker's 2008 TSX with 52,000 miles. The original fluid was light brown and the transmission shifted somewhat sloppy.

I put in 3 qt of DW-1 and even after idling for several minutes, and driving the car HARD for about a mile, the fluid level was a hair under the min mark (within 60 sec of shutdown).

Does anyone know how much fluid it takes to get from the min mark to the max mark?

Also, the drain and refill made a small difference in shift quality but the difference is not really noticeable unless you were looking for it.

Thanks.

is that the 1st gen of TSX? I am not sure if they 2nd gen start at 09 or 08 anymore...
I have 2004 TSX service handbook and it says...
refill - 3.0q or 2.8L,
dry fill - 6.9q or 6.5L
my experiences (2004 TSX) was i need at least 3 drain and re-fill to satisfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back