guy shot himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Cousin, former Army Ranger, who within his first year or two out of the service, managed to shoot himself through the meatier bit of his palm while cleaning a handgun. clean shot, nice scar, no permanent damage, but [censored]...

same guy, back in high school, working @ some fast food joint, accidentally put his hand straight down on the griddle. took a second to register...AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHH!!!

again, no perm. damage. probably another nifty scar.

Last edited:
Why in heaven and on earth would one attempt to change a barrel with a loaded magazine in the weapon? I assume he now realizes that he is lucky to be alive. Wow...talk about careless; this constitutes the things we read about in the papers.

I'm trying to figured out why would he have a full mag, and rack the slide if he was going to swap out the barrel. The first thing I do is take out the magazine and check to see if there was a round in the chamber, so racking the slide with a full mag doesn't make sense.

3003232946_f412af45c9.jpg

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
I'm trying to figured out why would he have a full mag, and rack the slide if he was going to swap out the barrel. The first thing I do is take out the magazine and check to see if there was a round in the chamber, so racking the slide with a full mag doesn't make sense.

I agree. It's likely that he removed the magazine and, with his finger inside the trigger guard, went to eject the chambered round. The fact that he was IN THE PROCESS OF changing out the barrel is most likely irrelevant to the circumstances that let to a hole in his leg.

Last edited:
I'm a firm believer that accidents don't happen with firearms. It's pure, blatant, negligent, stupidity.

I'll check my guns dozens of times to see what condition they're in (loaded, unloaded, chambered, etc.) when I'm doing anything with them.

It's one thing you simply can not get complacent with.

Last edited:
Don't you have to pull the trigger to release the slide on a Glock?

I have several of them, but I've never bothered to shoot them or tried to take them down, but people really seem to have a lot of negligent discharges with them.

Still, he's better off than the dolt that was carrying his Glock in the waistband of his sweatpants.

Another big bore Glock accident...I'm starting to think I don't want to be within range of anyone that has one.

If I remember correctly not owning a Glock, the way you strip them is to push in the slide release, pull the trigger and pull the slide forward.

So if their is a round in the chamber, or in this case a full mag, well BANG.

Idiot, should have shot his nuts off, now he can make more.

To take the slide off a glock you first have to dry fire it before anything. Then, you pull the slide back a smidge and pull down on the little tabs on each side of the frame, then the slide pushes forward and comes right off. Of course you'd have to be an absolute moron not to do a safety check first and, you'd have the mag out as well. How in the heck this guy shot himself isn't explained too well in his description. He was proably screwing around playing 'cops' and bang!! Changing the barrel doesn't have anything to do with shooting yourself and what was he changing it to?

Last edited:
I think the guy deserves just a bit of credit for having the fortitude to post his accident so that others might learn from his mistake. It takes a bit of self confidence to admit one's faults.

Just like airplane crashes garner much more attention than automobile accidents, it seems that mistakes with guns also get more attention than maybe they deserve.

Think about it. Cars are easily as dangerous as guns. Yet, as a society we accept that we are all allowed to make a dumb mistake once in a while when driving. Who here hasn't done something really dumb while driving?

So yes, it was a dumb accident. Kudos for him sharing his misfortune so that maybe at least one other person won't do the same thing.

I'll bet he racked the slide, saw a around pop out and then removed the magazine thinking it was empty. He probable did not realize he chambered another round before he dropped the magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back