No more supertech at Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into Walmart to get MerconV and cruised by the oil filter section. To my shock I found purolator classics in place of the e-cores. Prices looked about the same. All the automotive isles had new stock plans attached to them.

Originally Posted By: mrfish
Went into Walmart to get MerconV and cruised by the oil filter section. To my shock I found purolator classics in place of the e-cores.

01.gif
... Maybe Walmart will also carry the PureOne at some time.

I noticed that my walmart had purolator oil and air filter numbers listed for my vehicle, but didn't have any purolator filters in stock. It got my hopes up that they'll add them soon, but at the moment they don't have any free space on the shelves. It's all fram, mopar, and acdelco filling them up.

I didn't want to spend four bucks for an ecore acdelco, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that room will be made for the purolators. They had a few supertechs left, but they all had clearance stickers on them even though they were still at regular price.

I hope that WM starts carrying Purolator filters on a national basis....and get rid of the cheepo Supertechs. It seems like a good move IMO...especially since Purolators are a U.S product.

Yeah, why not? I bouht one of those extra long-life new Fram filters there once, since it was made in USA. Figured it was like a pure 1.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Yeah, why not? I bouht one of those extra long-life new Fram filters there once, since it was made in USA. Figured it was like a pure 1.

All I've been using the past 2+ years. XG is an excellent filter!

Haven't looked for filters at WM for a while.

Darn though. The ST 7317 I used was still an old champion labs design. You could peer in the hole of other model number filters and see the e-core design, yet the 7317 still had metal.

Nevertheless, I'll welcome the Purolator classics.

I noticed this also when going in for some QSUD. Seems like the Supertech section was maybe 20% the size of the huge Fram selection. A few scatterings of Delco and Motorcraft filters as well along with some Bosch D+. Haven't seen any Purolators though.

I have never had a problem with ecore filters, but I have always liked puro classics. I hope they start carrying them here. I noticed super techs are disappearing here

I picked up 2 jugs of "Defy" for $9.99 each, and a jug of QSUD at reg price. It was $20.47, I think. I'm gonna send in the rebate, and hope for the best, I did the "price match" (wink wink), on the Defy. It works, at least where I'm at, at Walmart. It helps when you go to the register where a young female is the cashier. (I also get Diet Dr. Pepper for 2 bucks a 12-pack, too. Wink, wink). I don't feel the least bit bad about "price-matching" at Walmart. Like they feel it? They are the next worst thing, next to China.

Puro Classics ehh? Fram always dwarfed the ST selection (and others) but generally they had most of the popular application sizes. If true, it would be an upgrade imo.

Perhaps because Rank Group now owns both Fram and Champ, Wally's going to give some another company, Puro/Bosch a shot.
21.gif
Already have the BD+.

Bet the shelf space will still be limited compared to the Fram choices though. Have to watch and see if this goes national.

I noticed quite a few supertech oil filters on an end row on clearance. Didnt think about checking out the filter aisle as it is behind the oil selection. I'll have to go back and check it out.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
I hope that WM starts carrying Purolator filters on a national basis....and get rid of the cheepo Supertechs. It seems like a good move IMO...especially since Purolators are a U.S product.

SuperTech is out as far as WM is concerned. If you like them stock up because they will not be carried in the future.

However, the SuperTech product is also made in the US.

I saw this as well when I went to pick up a jug of G-Oil an a ST16 for my sister in law. Luckily I got to leave with a jug of oil and a Purolator. I was stoked to see WM carrying them now, as well as suprised. Heard a guy in the store talking to his friend on how the Frams were better because of the grips on the end of the filter. Oh well...

Originally Posted By: CTownIntegra
I saw this as well when I went to pick up a jug of G-Oil an a ST16 for my sister in law. Luckily I got to leave with a jug of oil and a Purolator. I was stoked to see WM carrying them now, as well as suprised. Heard a guy in the store talking to his friend on how the Frams were better because of the grips on the end of the filter. Oh well...

Personally, I would have rather have the Fram than the e-core ST16 that you were going to buy. The Purolators haven't made it to my WM yet... how were they priced?

if wal mart starts to carry purolator at a good price i may start shopping there again...I stopped shopping there when the oil prices went up and i have probably saved over a thousand dollars because when i buy oil she buys everything

Originally Posted By: teambeechstreet
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i have probably saved over a thousand dollars because when i buy oil she buys everything

lol!

hahah! That's when WM runs become late evening solo trips.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: teambeechstreet
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i have probably saved over a thousand dollars because when i buy oil she buys everything

lol!

hahah! That's when WM runs become late evening solo trips.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back