Suspension fork options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can purchase a 09 Fox F29RLC or a Rock Shox Reba SL.

I've not seen either in person and both are the same price.

Majority of my riding is mild single track and paved trails.

I know nothing about either.

They would be going on a redline D440 29er.

Thanks for your advice

I've become a bigger fan of Rockshox recently since they are a lot more serviceable than the Fox units. I still think it's hard to beat Fox for feel.

What year is the RS? The older ones had a flex issue. Pre 2009 I think are the bad ones. If it has the power bulge I think they are ok. I had one of the flexy ones and it sucked but I also had/have a newer one and it was fine.

I had a F29 RLC on my Turner that was pushed. I really liked that fork, it was set and forget and never gave me any problems. Was good at everything I threw at it. I sold it to my friend and he still uses it.

I have the top of the line reba now (carbon steerer and crown). It is a highly adjustable fork. It takes time set up both the negative and positive air chambers for the riding style. At first it may seem like it sucks, but if you are persistent it rewards you with a fork that has nice small bump compliance yet it is able to take smaller/medium hits with ease.

All that typing to say, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Just make sure you stay away from the older versions of the reba. I would also ask if the maintenance has been done on both forks. Fork rebuilds will add to your cost, especially if you cannot do them yourself.

Originally Posted By: dja4260
I can purchase a 09 Fox F29RLC or a Rock Shox Reba SL.

I've not seen either in person and both are the same price.

Majority of my riding is mild single track and paved trails.

I know nothing about either.

They would be going on a redline D440 29er.

Thanks for your advice

Both forks are overkill for the type of riding you do. So, both forks are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back