Stay Classy Mom, Nice Example For Your Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I pull up to a 4-way stop-sign intersection. There is a line a couple cars deep in all directions. When it's my turn to go straight through the intersection I begin to proceed forward as the cars are crossing in front of me. The cross traffic was about half way across the intersection when I start. As soon as the traffic clears enough, a woman in a new Suburban with 3 kids in car seats decides she HAS to turn left in front of me.
At this point I'm far enough across the intersection that she has to alter her course to ensure she cuts in front. I stop to avoid hitting her. She proceeds to wave the "you're #1" sign with her middle finger and yell something at me, I'm sure it wasn't an apology.

I'm convinced that stop lights have made people forget the decision making process of stop signs at intersections. This woman obviously forgot that the cars going straight are given the right-of-way, cars turning left turn after the cars going straight have proceeded through the intersection.

What kind of example is this woman setting for the kids in the car? Yelling and profane hand gestures? Stay classy mom...

dont you know, she was in a hurry to get to the mailbox.. ONE OF THE "BABY-DADY" checks was sure to be in there ! She gotta keep up with them "whip" payments.. got no time to deal wit-no rules fool, being polite is fo-suckers !

People are getting dumber by the minute. Welcome to the new normal - only the strong survive. 👿

Woman in a bus with multiple kids,probably unemployed,nothing more than a feral alley cat imo.

The Suburban was the biggest thing she could find to buy now that HUMMERS are out of production.She felt she could do whatever she wanted,driving that huge/gas hogging/symbol of yesteryears from the almighty GM....Put her in a Mini clubman and see if she gets so brave...

Need more facts. Did she use the blinker? I assume not.

There's a 4-way stop 1/10 mile from me I deal with every day and 95% plus "get it". They even get the "cheats" like if someone is going straight they count as a blocker and another can go right. Or that two straights can go simultaneously even if the second straight showed up later than a cross traffic. Blinker use really matters at 4-ways, as someone might let her go on the assumption that she's a "parallel straight."

There will be some mixed up people who think order of arrival ALWAYS counts. Turning left challenges the rhythm, as do pedestrians. Particularly dumbfounded drivers are ALWAYS on cell phones, obviously so, and mostly, 85%+, in a huge SUV. (Saying something coming from broke-town where we drive cars like the olden days.)

Since the drivers here handle 4-ways so well, there have been next to no accidents and good enough traffic flow there hasn't been an excuse to put a light in. Good going, neighbors!
cheers3.gif

Where did you get your driver's education?

4-way stops are not treated like a regular intersection with a light, where vehicles going straight have the right of way versus those turning left. Whether you're going straight or left, doesn't make a ****'s worth of difference at a 4-way stop.

From Wikipedia:

"After a full-stop has been made, vehicles usually have the right-of-way to proceed through the intersection in the order that they arrived at the intersection."

Even if there's a long line, one can usually tell when it is their turn based on which vehicles were already waiting when you pulled up to the stop.

Again, from Wikipedia:

"In the USA, if vehicles arrive at approximately the same time, each driver must yield to the drivers on their right."

I've never really practiced this, rather I give a hand gesture or go if I've received one-- Let common sense prevail.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
dont you know, she was in a hurry to get to the mailbox.. ONE OF THE "BABY-DADY" checks was sure to be in there ! She gotta keep up with them "whip" payments.. got no time to deal wit-no rules fool, being polite is fo-suckers !

This wasn't racist at all...

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Woman in a bus with multiple kids,probably unemployed,nothing more than a feral alley cat imo.

I'm voting for this and the nonracist post from Otis.

If the truth is possibly racist so be it.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Where did you get your driver's education?

4-way stops are not treated like a regular intersection with a light, where vehicles going straight have the right of way versus those turning left. Whether you're going straight or left, doesn't make a ****'s worth of difference at a 4-way stop.

From Wikipedia:

"After a full-stop has been made, vehicles usually have the right-of-way to proceed through the intersection in the order that they arrived at the intersection."

Even if there's a long line, one can usually tell when it is their turn based on which vehicles were already waiting when you pulled up to the stop.

Again, from Wikipedia:

"In the USA, if vehicles arrive at approximately the same time, each driver must yield to the drivers on their right."

That's how it is in WA state.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
She proceeds to wave the "you're #1" sign with her middle finger and yell something at me, I'm sure it wasn't an apology.

She wasn't trying to be rude - she was just showing that her hand was free; ie, not holding her phone to her ear, which would have been assumed had she not shown the empty hand.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1

This wasn't racist at all...

what part of this was "Racist" ?
Trolling.gif
white, black, red,purple, yellow, ANYONE can act ghetto.. havent you ever watched jerry springer ? this womans behavior in my opinion deserved some flaming..

Where I live the bad and rude female SUV drivers happen to all be white. There are hardly any black people where I live, but I can say that class, money and color don't go hand in hand.

There are plenty of bad drivers and classless people out there without having to assume anything else about their background.

Last edited:
Maybe what I learned was a "rule of thumb" about intersections and not the actual rules. She still failed on the rule of yeilding to the vehicle already in the intersection and using turn signals.

Unfortunately there are no rules on how to behave in front of kids.

Just for the record, this was in a fishing port town well known as a vacation spot and home to people with money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back