Toyota SN 0W20 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're able to order online (Trademotion Web service provided by your dealer) and pick up from your Toyota dealer where you live, these are the part numbers and price ranges:

00279-0WQTE-01 $5.32 - $7.25 per quart
00289-1QT0W-T1 $4.89 - $6.66 per quart, need to buy 12 (case)

Originally Posted By: Gokhan
If you're able to order online (Trademotion Web service provided by your dealer) and pick up from your Toyota dealer where you live, these are the part numbers and price ranges:

I purchased a case of the API SN Toyota 0W20 at a cost of 4.99/qt. The part number was 00279-0WQTE-01.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

I purchased a case of the API SN Toyota 0W20 at a cost of 4.99/qt. The part number was 00279-0WQTE-01.

Congratulations, that's a great price. You can't do much better than that. I wish I could convince my local dealer to give me good prices on Toyota parts. They asked $12 for a one-quart bottle of Toyota 0W-20, which is beyond ridiculous.
shocked.gif
But then they typically ask twice the suggested retail price for all the parts they sell.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Congratulations, that's a great price. You can't do much better than that. I wish I could convince my local dealer to give me good prices on Toyota parts. They asked $12 for a one-quart bottle of Toyota 0W-20, which is beyond ridiculous.
shocked.gif
But then they typically ask twice the suggested retail price for all the parts they sell.

Longo Toyota was selling 0W20 for a bit less than 4.99/qt recently.

I'll hedge my bets with the run and proven - just laid down long green for a 12pack of Idemitsu/Subaru 0w20 SM. I dont like these tiny add packs and neither do my cars. Plan to run this in both my cars ...
2334481.jpg

... even if I dont own one of these
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I'll hedge my bets with the run and proven - just laid down long green for a 12pack of Idemitsu/Subaru 0w20 SM. I dont like these tiny add packs and neither do my cars.

Ever heard of non-metallic additives?

Yep but how do you know if they are in there or not
smile.gif
The 0w-20 Idemitsu proved itself to me in the Subaru, now we'll se how the Honda likes it in a couple months. I think the Honda FF will stay in for 4K at the most or ~30% OLR on the OLM whichever comes first. Its a 3.5L sump.

I was able to still get the SM idemitsu subaru. Is this High moly? I have not been able to locate a VOA or UOA on the Indianna bottled Idemitsu 0w20 SM that im running. It runs great though in the Subaru - wondering about the Honda for a 3k mi dump of the FF for this stuff ?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I was able to still get the SM idemitsu subaru. Is this High moly? I have not been able to locate a VOA or UOA on the Indianna bottled Idemitsu 0w20 SM that im running. It runs great though in the Subaru

I hope it has the same high moly level as GF-4 Honda/Idemitsu 0W-20 (see Sept/09 VOA below):
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1919589#Post1919589

The thing is is I haven't seen a VOA/UOA on the Idemitsu 0W-20 since then. Perhaps you should have one done?

When was the "last time" and who did you check with ?

XOM makes the Toyota 0W20 to Toyota's specs....NOT the other way around.

Gee,

Let's see... I retired in Dec 2011,
and I checked with my employer ExxonMobil Research and Engineering.

Want my former building and office number too?
Calm down.

Toyota does not Engineer lubricants. They spec it out, request bids, and give it out to the lowest bidder.

Are you a petroleum engineer at Toyota's Lubricant division?
wink.gif

Their refinery?

Last edited:
Perfectly calm ! Probably more so than you !

Are YOU are tribologist ? Didn't think so.

I stated Toyota spec'd it out...never said they "engineered" it.

However, my son in laws father IS an organic chemist/petroleum engineer.

As stated....XOM makes the Toyota 0W20 to THEIR specs...and...it's NOT Mobil 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back