*New* Purolator Synthetic Filter *Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSL25288 (Synthetic) vs PL25288 (PureOne)

I have purchased these for my 05 CTS-V with the LS6. This isn't the 'prescribed' filter as Purolator specs a shorter version. I believe this is the filter that comes on the 5.3L Vortec.

As expected, these filters are [censored] near identical apart from a few differences.

The synthetic filter weighs 275 grams vs the 265 of the PureOne. The seating gasket of the Synthetic appears to be a Buna-N vs the PureOne's silicone.

Both are made in the USA.

Let me know if you would like any pictures, I'll do the best I can.

Purolator-0214.jpg

Purolator-0219.jpg

Purolator-0218.jpg

Purolator-0217.jpg

Purolator-0215.jpg

There's only one thing I don't like and that's the stupid textured paint. All other things being equal, for that reason I'd select a Bosch Distance Plus.

Nonetheless, thanks for posting the pics! Like Brendan and Donald, I'd love to see pictures of them cut open and compared side-by-side.

Originally Posted By: Rouphis
Is it me, or does the blue one look slightly smaller?

-Rouphis

I measured 75.85 mm on the P1 and 75.50 on the Synthetic.

I'm very tempted to cut the Synthetic open, but the lack of bypass valve on this filter makes me hesitant to throw $10 in the trash. I know how you guys are about bypass valves.

Originally Posted By: CarbonCrew
Originally Posted By: Rouphis
Is it me, or does the blue one look slightly smaller?

-Rouphis

I measured 75.85 mm on the P1 and 75.50 on the Synthetic.

I'm very tempted to cut the Synthetic open, but the lack of bypass valve on this filter makes me hesitant to throw $10 in the trash. I know how you guys are about bypass valves.

Its $10 for research. You get to keep the cut open filter and show your friends. Or MIG weld it back together and give it to ex-wife.

Can't believe Purolator didn't use the silicone base gasket on the synthetic filter.

The new PSL25288 looks nice, but I was a little disappointed with the PL25288's that I ordered for my 4.2L GM 6 cylinder. They are about a half inch shorter than the AC PF 61 and the WIX 51522. It would be ineresting to disect all three and compare the filter area.

$6.99 vs $9.49 Retail. I use the online coupons and I typically pick up the Pure Ones for ~$4-5.

Wow, if only $9.49 with AAP online buys, this could be my new favorite if it performs well. Definitely low balled the new $12.49 Napa Platinum. Basically, I get it for the price of an everyday priced Napa Gold? Hmm...waiting to see it cut open!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back