post your latest transmission lubricant change.

1996 Toyota RAV 4 - 155k on factory fill

In - 4 quarts of Amsoil GL-4 Synthetic Transaxle and Gear Lube, 75W-90.

Shifts like butter.

2000 GMC Safari All-wheel drive with 164,000. Dropped pan, changed filter, added 4qts, then took off return line to transmission and flushed remaining fluid out. Took another 8qts to get clean cherry red fluid. Used NAPA Dex III.

2011 Toyota Corolla, 10,255 miles on factory fill.

Pan drop and cooler line disconnect. Replaced with manual specified Toyota WS. No change in shift.

1991 Nissan Sentra 1.6L, 217,000mi, atf drain/refill every 15k miles. Every time I pull the dipstick to check the level, theres some black crud and when I would do drain/refills, the fluid would look red-brownish. Time to do a pan drop.

First pan drop in it's life, cleaned tons off crud of the magnets, installed a new filter, pan gasket, refilled with Dexron VI.

Last month with clutch replacement(note sig):

OUT: Amsoil MTF 5w-30 Synchromesh

IN: Honda Genuine Type-II MTF(5w-20?)

Def likin' the Amsoil a little better at this point. Waiting till clutch is broken in, by the spring will switch back to Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

Def likin' the Amsoil a little better at this point. Waiting till clutch is broken in, by the spring will switch back to Amsoil.

I assume you had the dealer replace the clutch with it having Honda Genuine Type-II MTF in it now over the Amsoil. Did you tell them that you would see them in another 250,000?

Originally Posted By: cancov
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

I assume you had the dealer replace the clutch with it having Honda Genuine Type-II MTF in it now over the Amsoil. Did you tell them that you would see them in another 250,000?

Lol, nah it was a local shop I use now. It was either Honda Genuine Type-II MTF or motor oil. I forgot to order more Amsoil MTF ahead of time, so chose the Honda Genuine. Not a bad product or anything, just prefer the Amsoil now is all.

Dealer probably would've been much more expensive. For this job I paid about $565 total parts/labor(I purchased my own clutch kit).

1996 Chevy Astro 4L60E - dropped pan, replaced filter, refilled approx 5 quarts of Supertech Dex III, pulled cooler line and flushed approx 8 quarts of fluid through, total amount of fluid used between refill and flush was 14-15 quarts. Old fluid was 10 years old, 50k miles. Pan was very clean. Not much material in there. I also replaced the rear end fluid with 75W90 at the same time. 105k on the van at this service.

2008 Camry with 47,293 miles. Approx 16 quarts flushed

Out - Toyota WS

BG quick clean

In - BG syntheic ATF, BG ATC+

07 Mark LT Dropped pan and cleaned, new filter. Added 5 qts of Mercon 5. Drove to Ford and had whole system exchanged. Added 13 oz of redline red. Good to go!

'06 Subaru Legacy Wagon 4EAT 108,000 miles
Two drain and fill's, approx. 3.5 quarts each change.
Valvoline, MaxLife Dex/Merc $15.99 Gallon at AutoZone

21 January 2012, DIY
Total km 113,382, ATF km ca. 23,500
2004 Camry, U241E transmission
Drained 3.6 L of mix 60-40 of Toyota T-IV and Amsoil ATF
In went 3.6 L of Toyota T-IV

2000 Saturn SL2 with 38,294 miles.

Out: Original Dex III. Old fluid was very red, almost like new! The donut magnet only had a little black paste on it, no biggie.

In: 5 quarts Amsoil ATF with "Spin-on"
smile.gif
NAPA Gold filter.

2005 Chevy Colorado w/104K Changed yesterday MTF Fluid to Redline MT 90. Shifts great today, though hearing a little whine in 5th at 65 mph. Had 10w40 ST motor oil in for 800 miles prior and it shifted fine too. Used that as a quik flush. Previously had Pennzoil Syncromesh in for approx. 40K miles. and that shifted great too.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd, 45RFE auto., 168,000 miles

Out:
Valvoline ATF+4
Wix flat and spin on cooler filter

In:
Castrol ATF+4
Filter King flat and spin on cooler filter

Back