House votes to block E15 from gas pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get behind cars often these days that just has gas dripping out of the exhaust. I assume this has something to do with Ethanol.

E10 ethanol in gasoline also makes the gas go bad quicker.
Gas wont last as long and the gas goes bad it gums up motors.

The small engine shops around here hate E10. The only reason cars can burn this is the fuel does not stay in the tank long enough to degrade to the point you break down.

It takes a lot of diesel to grow corn and fertilizers and water. It takes a lot of water to ferment and distill alcohol, a very large amount of clean fresh water, around 3 to 4 water to ethanol.

Their is a government law they passed which FORCE MANDATES ever increasing amounts of bio fuels to be used as each year goes by.
You got to get government to rescind this law cause the pressure to keep boosting the Ethanol in gas will grow more and more.

http://seedstock.com/2011/10/20/reports-...ndates-by-2022/

This law was forced onto US consumers and touted as a very green thing in the beginning. Now it looks less likely to happen the way the corn lobby wants. We all know how bad laws get enacted and getting them reversed is much harder once the ball gets rolling their way.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
I get behind cars often these days that just has gas dripping out of the exhaust.

How do you know that it isn't water?

My brand new Poulan snow blower manual says the warranty is VOID if fuel with more than 10% alky is used. Did sumbody just whisper "Archer Daniels Midland"? Their donation lise ought to make interesting "Green" reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back