Zaino Z9 leather cleaner and Z10 leather condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcy

I've used this stuff before, but again was amazed at how much it smells like leather. The Z10 is called leather in a bottle and it truly smells like new leather.

Did the inside of my six year old vehicle on Tuesday it still smells like new leather inside today (from the Z10, not because the leather is new).

I hope I'm not killing myself by inhaling this stuff...lol. I was thinking of leaving the cleaning cloth I used in the back of the vehicle just for the smell.

I like the smell as well. And I think it lasts a little longer than Duragloss - which smells almost as good.

Zaino z-10 is all I use on my Volvo leather. The leather is still like new 2 years later.

I have used it, decent stuff for light cleaning and for protection, just has to be used often to retain effects (as in after 1-2mo, it is all gone, quicker with driver seat).
Also, only worthwhile if seats are already in good shape simply dirty.
For cracked, dry, faded, etc, seats, Leatherique is un-freakin-believable... I use it once every 40-50k, the UV Protectant and Sealant every 10k, and not a single leather surface in any of my cars has so much as a wrinkle, bright spot, or hairline crack. Even at 151k miles!
It works the best if the surface is a 4-5/10 (10=factory new) or better, and if the leather is in great shape it WILL keep it that way. However, it will repair cracks, severe fading, stains, and worse. I have done it.
The only downside is that in order to do it best, you should take the seats out of the car, and have time to let them "bake" (cure) in hot, direct sunlight for as long as possible (I start at 7-8am, have the seats out to cure by noon at the latest, and then let them set in the garage overnight, do another application the next morning and then cure from 10a to 10p before reinstalling; this is in summer).
It is 110% worth it... Detailing customers have seen before and afters of ones I have done, in person, and offered as much as $800 to get theirs "better than when I got it!"... Btw, that is product testimonial, not self'promotion.

Agree, Z-10 does require reapplying every month or two it seems.

I make good money as an independent detailer, so financially it would be in my best interest to use a 1-2mo product so I could recommend more frequent leather care thus a more frequent added charge. But there is a reason I have the same clients I had 5 years ago, and why I am booked solid for the month leading up to the Concours d'Elegance here... People with nice cars, who are true enthusiasts, recognize quality products over mediocre ones. Most that I do work for own a high end sports car but drive a luxury car daily, my favorite being a real down to earth guy who puts 22k on his SL65AMG yearly and 5k on his 360CS. Unfortunately, jobs that pay for a Ferrari tend to leave little free time.
His SL65 has 88k and the seats still smell like brand new leather! Leatherique is not cheap or easy, but few things worthwhile are. I HIGHLY recommend it, and have not used anything else in 2 years.

@nleksan
The 16 oz kit for Leatherique, Rejuvinator + Pristine clean is $40 plus shipping. Is this what you would recommend for maintenance, not restoration?

I like and use LeatherMasters products, but then again, most of the cars I do work on have coated leather so many of the leather products and "conditioners" are a waste of time.

Last edited:
Yes, I would recommend that $40 kit. It has the cleaner and the protectant. You will be amazed, it literally pulls out the embedded.dirt and grime. First time I used it, I did 3 clean cycles in a row and it turned over a dozen towels black. Afterwards, the leather was soft and supple, as opposed to stiff and creaky like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back