Bud Shootout this Saturday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the NASCAR boys to fire 'em up again this Saturday night. It has been a long winter... New this year is fuel injection, it is about time. When was the last car built with a carb?? 20 years ago? I am a Harvick fan (GO #29!!!), hoping he can get up front and stay there. NASCAR has made some changes to break up the 2 car draft, it will be interesting to see if they go back to the old pack style racing. Is anyone else fired up?
34.gif

I think it was around 91-93,and it was a Japanese manufacturer.Toyota pickup or Mazda pickup.Base model.The carb system was always cheaper than EFI,and they held on as long as they could.Thats what kept Chrysler from MPI on its 4 cylinder 2.2/2.5...cost.They had to do it on turbos,but the regular ones held onto carbs as long as possible,then went to TBI basically being forced to it.MPI didnt come along until NEON.The advantages of even TBI over a carb is unbelieveable.Driving both is like the dark ages vs the 20th century.

Originally Posted By: DutchBrad
Time for the NASCAR boys to fire 'em up again this Saturday night. It has been a long winter... New this year is fuel injection, it is about time. When was the last car built with a carb?? 20 years ago? I am a Harvick fan (GO #29!!!), hoping he can get up front and stay there. NASCAR has made some changes to break up the 2 car draft, it will be interesting to see if they go back to the old pack style racing. Is anyone else fired up?
34.gif

DutchBrad, glad to hear from a fellow Harvick fan! Go #29!!

The TV show RaceHub on Speed just had a great intro complete with cutaways and display engine from Roush. Neat setup. The Freescale McLaren Box controls both fuel and spark etc.,. Throttle body air intake but the fuel injector is at the end of the runners on a conventional looking intake manifold. Each cylinder has it's own coil. Looks like coil on plug kind of setup. Also, electric fuel pump in the fuel cell for the first time in NASCAR. Nothing new technology wise, but definitely all new for NASCAR. Looks like a great setup. I'm ready !! Let's go !!

Originally Posted By: GTPpilot
The TV show RaceHub on Speed just had a great intro complete with cutaways and display engine from Roush. Neat setup. The Freescale McLaren Box controls both fuel and spark etc.,. Throttle body air intake but the fuel injector is at the end of the runners on a conventional looking intake manifold. Each cylinder has it's own coil. Looks like coil on plug kind of setup. Also, electric fuel pump in the fuel cell for the first time in NASCAR. Nothing new technology wise, but definitely all new for NASCAR. Looks like a great setup. I'm ready !! Let's go !!

So are they running a restictor plate at Daytona/'dega this year?? I would think it would not be needed anymore, they just dial back the fuel injection? I have got to get SPEED. I have seen some of the shows, need to free up the $$ to get to that plan...
20.gif

SPEED rocks, good shows. Just watched one on Carroll Selby and various other good ones.

...a little more enthused about racing this year, wonder if that's got something to do with buying my GTO recently...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: DutchBrad
So are they running a restictor plate at Daytona/'dega this year?? I would think it would not be needed anymore, they just dial back the fuel injection? I have got to get SPEED. I have seen some of the shows, need to free up the $$ to get to that plan...
20.gif

Yup, they are running restrictor plate. A little bit bigger though. Also, no car to car communication, down to a 2 gallon radiator from a 6 gallon so won't be able to tuck in for very long. Should be interesting.

Yes, it is good to have the racing season back. I've got a Daytona story for ya from several years ago, when men were men and restrictor plates were only found at the local go-kart track.

We were sitting near the fourth turn and it was before the race. They were doing driver introductions. Being from Indy, We gave a loud cheer when they introduced A.J. Foyt. I look to my right and a few seats down are three old guys, shirtless, big beer bellies hanging out and passing a pint of whiskey at 11:00 in the morning. One of 'em glares down at me and says (use your thickest southern accent),

"HEE DON'T BA-LONG DAYUN HEEYA!"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Yes, it is good to have the racing season back. I've got a Daytona story for ya from several years ago, when men were men and restrictor plates were only found at the local go-kart track.

We were sitting near the fourth turn and it was before the race. They were doing driver introductions. Being from Indy, We gave a loud cheer when they introduced A.J. Foyt. I look to my right and a few seats down are three old guys, shirtless, big beer bellies hanging out and passing a pint of whiskey at 11:00 in the morning. One of 'em glares down at me and says (use your thickest southern accent),

"HEE DON'T BA-LONG DAYUN HEEYA!"

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: JasonC
Knaus should have been booted out of the garage area years ago. He is the biggest serial cheater on the circuit.

+100
27.gif

Originally Posted By: dave123
Im sick of the coverage already Danica,Danica,Danica

+100

I am sure she is a decent driver, have not paid attention. But there are 42 other drivers in the field.... We will see, I doubt she will live up to the hype....
49.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back