strut mount squeaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I could have sworn that my issue was something squeaking in the steering shaft. But after a little looking it is actually the driver side strut mount when you turn the wheel it squeaks. Why would it do this? I just replaced it a couple months ago. Struts and all. Any idea's? Thanks all

When my struts on the rear of my Civic were leaking, I put new struts on and new mounts, as I dont think they are that expensive and good insurance. Just my 2 cents,

adam

So I just gave it an in deph look. Its definetly coming from the strut mount. The mount and bearing is all only 2months old. It turns fine but squeaks I'm lost.

Sounds like you just got a bum part. You can sometimes fix it temporarily with a shot of lubricant or white lithium grease up in the strut mount area, but this is usually just a short-term fix.

if you pack some chassis grease in the spring seat between the spring seat and strut mount that will usually eliminate sqeaking.

chevy, any updates on this? Did ya ever get to tear apart the suspect or did the cat trouble keep ya away?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back