The return of Havoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a thread about chevron supreme synthetics, and after talking with the chevron rep in my area, i found out some interesting information I thought I would pass along. Starting Jan 1 2012 chevron has discontiuned there line of supreme oil. It will now be branded as chevron havoline. (Sounds weird but thats what he told me). Said the "new" havoline oil is simply rebranded chevron supreme.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i like the bottles you can see into so i can see if there is anything that dont belong in there

you must be a fan of qsud quarts...

Just checked both the Chevron and the Havoline web sights and nothing about this. You would think if this happened on Jan 1 it would be in the news.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I'm surprised either oil is still around...

Havoline is still quite popular up here in the north country-- decent dino at a fair price.

Originally Posted By: moto94536
nice. So havoline chevron will carry synthetic at walmart??
Walmarts in my area no longer carry Havoline. I wish they would because I used it for years up to that point. When they stopped carrying it I switched to VWB but I'd switch back if they started carrying it again.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
i seen Havoline oil at walmart this week. dont recall it saying chevron but i wasnt looking to closely.
I saw it at Theisens this week and the bottle looks the same, just where the little one inch Texaco logo used to appear in the bottom left it is now a Chevron logo.

Originally Posted By: ruxCYtable
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
i seen Havoline oil at walmart this week. dont recall it saying chevron but i wasnt looking to closely.
I saw it at Theisens this week and the bottle looks the same, just where the little one inch Texaco logo used to appear in the bottom left it is now a Chevron logo.

This is what i've seen at my local advanced autoparts stores, the only places around here that sell it. We do get Chevron Supreme by the case here at work for our shop vehicles, I'll have to see if that changes. Right now we have 5 or 6 cases of the Chevron Supreme, so it'll be a little while before we get a new order in.

I got the last few cases of supreme synthetic from the chevron dist for my area. He told me that the Dino supreme, and the synthetic supreme from chevron was the same oil that is in the "New" havoline dino/ havoline synthetic bottle. Just as soon as what PP stash I have is gone, I am switching to chevron synthetic until that is gone and then its off to havoline. Now that I have access to the dist, its much cheaper than paying $8+ a quart at wal mart! What I bought cost me $30 per case, and PP at wal mart is $8.59 per quart in my area. M1 is $10! Chevron is much cheaper! And from what I read its just as good mabe even better!

Havoline has been around for YEARS,excellent oil,period. I used it for years along with many others that I know,always kept engines clean.

Originally Posted By: Nodak
Havoline is still quite popular up here in the north country-- decent dino at a fair price.

Not quite as common up here, just north of you, but it is, nonetheless, readily available.

I hope walmart carry Chevron Havoline 5w20 and 5w30.

I am willing to pay
5qt jug dino, chevron havoline $14
5qt jug synthetic, chevron havoline $21

Originally Posted By: Nodak
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I'm surprised either oil is still around...

Tru dat homes.

Looks like Havoline is getting alot of love from the Dakotas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back