Handgun Collecting in Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the irony that one (4 page) form is literally called PTA.
lol.gif

I bet all this paperwork and the good works of the individuals remove all firearms from criminals and make Society much much more Safe.
Just like the Streets of Chicago and New York City!
It MUST work!
happy2.gif

When guns are outlawed, only criminals and the bodyguards of the "pigs who are more equal than other pigs" (Orwell) will have them. The rest of us can live in fear and beg politicians for protection. Did you know the two hack US Senators from antigun California have obtained appointments as "Deputy US Marshalls" so THEY can carry concealed firearms ANYWHERE. As I said, "some pigs"

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
...The rest of us can live in fear and beg politicians for protection. ....

If they ever outlawed guns in the US, you'd have a nation of outlaws and there wouldn't be enough jails to hold everyone!

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
...The rest of us can live in fear and beg politicians for protection. ....

If they ever outlawed guns in the US, you'd have a nation of outlaws and there wouldn't be enough jails to hold everyone!

I wonder how they would actually go about collecting firearms of otherwise law-abiding citizens of the United States.

I've lived in the South most of my life. States like Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas. I've personally met plenty of people that will not surrender their firearms under any circumstances.

Martial Law? They are not going to care. Even if the Federally Appointed "Firearm Recovery" teams are dressed head to toe in Kevlar, there will still be a high casualty rate among the teams.

Now just in case someone that plans to enact said laws outlawing firearms in the US is reading this and is starting a list of potential "problem civillians". I am not condoning stockpiling tungsten or teflon coated ammo and body armor. I'm just pragmatic enough to know that Ruby Ridge and Waco will be played out over and over and over again.

It's a uniquely American frame of mind. Anything that we regard as a freedom, will not be taken without a fight.

Yep, Permit to Aquire, and it's associated waiting period is pandering to the anti's...they want longer waits, to prevent "impulse" actions...like if you've already got guns in the place you are going to request another for a crime of passion...and nobody would buy a Carcano here anyway...too much paperwork for junk.

Air rifles are about the same.

He didn't go into having he Police visit you once per two years to inspect your safe storage and do registration checks.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Yep, Permit to Aquire, and it's associated waiting period is pandering to the anti's...they want longer waits, to prevent "impulse" actions...like if you've already got guns in the place you are going to request another for a crime of passion...and nobody would buy a Carcano here anyway...too much paperwork for junk.

Air rifles are about the same.

He didn't go into having he Police visit you once per two years to inspect your safe storage and do registration checks.
You have to do all that for an air rifle too? Here, anybody 18 years of age or older can buy an air rifle over the counter, no paperwork or permits or anything. Just pay and walk out.

the only way to restore the freedom of responsible gun ownership in Oz now is to patiently accumulate large enough organizational base to have a lobby akin to NRA

We've got the Sporting Shooter's Association, which do a good job...however any media interview I've ever seen has the reporte and the antis chortle at the "sporting" reference.

We have (and I vote for) the Shooters and Fisher's party in the upper house, similarly derided by the media, and even though they hold sway on many issues, Premiers delight in vowing not to make policies with "fringe" groups, while doing exactly that with the greens and the "funny" oriented people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back