ps whine all new parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i appretiate all the help tomorrow im going to buy a new cap because no it doesnt make that sound even when fully hot hours of driving. also im going to check all the lines again to see where they might be touching body of car and then if those fail im buying that pump
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
i appretiate all the help tomorrow im going to buy a new cap because no it doesnt make that sound even when fully hot hours of driving. also im going to check all the lines again to see where they might be touching body of car and then if those fail im buying that pump
smile.gif

Sorry to hear about you P/S noise issue. This is the worst case senario that I have ever heard of, no lie! Let me add one more thing to your list of cures for your P/S noise. This has helped many GM owners with the P/S noise though, their noise was from the factory.

Many GM vehicles experience what is called "morning sickness" in the P/S unit. It's the P/S noise that their units make usually when first started in the morning and sometimes never goes away. I am not sure if it's the same as yours since it was never there before in your car(Alero).

Many folks in my circle(family/friends) with your generation Grand Am's and Alero's had experienced these noises and the only cure was..."believe it or not", Honda Power Steering Fluid! I still recomend Honda P/S fluid in GM vehicles except the newer Electric P/S units(because I don't know) and continue to use Honda P/S fluid in my older Firebird and to those whom have noisy P/S units. I am using Honda P/S fluid in my daughters Mazda 3 electric P/S unit but only as a topoff. Same for my wifes Lexus(topoff only)

As the Honda P/S fluid has helped many folks in my circle, it may not cure your noise, as your noise has only happened since you changed P/S lines but, the Honda P/S fluid won't hurt the system either. Use it with confidence and good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back