Will Glock 22 magazines work in a Glock 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Glock 20 that shoots great, I have a nice huge cache of .357Sig ammo....and I can buy a .357Sig barrel for the Glock 20.

I don't think I can use the 10mm Glock 20 mags with .357Sig. Hence the question: Will Glock 22 magazines work in a Glock 20?

I don't think so. These are 2 different frames of guns, I dunno how they pull that off.

I've heard of the .357Sigs going in a 40S&W magazine and don't see why they wouldn't necessarily work in a 10mm. I do remember some people using the .357Sig to 40S&W mentioning that they may sometimes would have to "pinch" the metal retaining clips at the top of the magazine for the .357Sig. Just FYI.

Originally Posted By: cancov
I've heard of the .357Sigs going in a 40S&W magazine and don't see why they wouldn't necessarily work in a 10mm. I do remember some people using the .357Sig to 40S&W mentioning that they may sometimes would have to "pinch" the metal retaining clips at the top of the magazine for the .357Sig. Just FYI.

Interesting. My Sig P229 has both a .357Sig barrel and a .40S&W barrel and of course use the same magazine.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: cancov

Interesting. My Sig P229 has both a .357Sig barrel and a .40S&W barrel and of course use the same magazine.

Uhhh, no. Those metal "reataining clips" at the top of the magazine you are talking about are called the feed lips. lol Pinching them together or stretching them out is really a last ditch attempt at fixing feeding problems. It almost never works and almost always damages the magazines permanently.
Most gun manufacturers chambered their guns for the 40 s&w first and never designed a new magazine for the .357 sig. They will usually interchange just fine unless you have an older 40 cal pistol with older, (probably)worn out magazines. Most newer 40 cal magaiznes have slight design changes to make them feed new 40 and .357 sig ammo more reliably. The only reason .40 and .357 can interchange almost everything except the barrel is because all .357 sig really is, is a 40s&w necked down to accept a 9mm bullet.
The 10mm is a much taller cartridge than the 40 S&W. The only thing they really have in common is bore diameter. They have zero interchangability with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back