Tissot PR50-back cover won't snap back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I opened up the back cover with a knife edge very easily to change the battery on my PR50 chrono, but now I can't seem to get the cover to snap back on, no matter how hard I try....as far as i can see there are no notches on the cover itself. looks the same all around...

Is there a special orientation of the back cover?

Thanks

I posted this on watchuseek with some pics (no answers there yet)

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f62/help-back-cover-wont-snap-back-pr50-chrono-645433.html

You sure? A snap-on cover on a Tissot? Sure its not a taiwan K.O.? Maybe antique? Evem my Casio submariner homage had a threaded case back. Himmmmm.

Snap on back is correct for this model but it usually takes a press to put it back on.

Snap on back does not necessarily mean cheap or lower quality.

Thanks guys -

...I guess I will have to go to a watch shop.
will update when I do...good tip about the gasket...

The Tissot is not a fake (got it from an auth. dealer, and even had it tested for authenticity by a watch shop).

Originally Posted By: Trav
Snap on back is correct for this model but it usually takes a press to put it back on.

Snap on back does not necessarily mean cheap or lower quality.
Must not have 200M water resistance. Im used to dive watches. I didnt know tissot had chrono under 300. Which calibre is utilised?

Quote:
Must not have 200M water resistance. Im used to dive watches. I didnt know tissot had chrono under 300. Which calibre is utilised?

With a snap on back i bet its 30m or splash resistant not more than that.
This model uses a ETA G10 4 jewel plastic movement, higher end models use a 251.272 repairable metal movt.

how much a typical gasket costs? I need one for the Pulsar; I hope it does not cost more than the cost the watch! I retired a Sieko because the crystal was almost half the price of the watch itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back