Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an re-post update on my second treatment with Kreen:

Well I started my second Kreen Treatment today. I added 12 ounces of Kreen to my gas from an empty 12 ounce bottle of Gumout/Regane Complete Fuel System cleaner and added 16 ounces of Kreen to my oil from a empty MMO pint bottle.

I'll run this while in the Orlando area for 1K to 1.5K on some runs to Daytona, Tampa and outlying areas. I figure a month in the sump should be good for my second treatment of Kreen.

12 ounces was poured into a a fill up of 14.5 Gallons of Costco gasoline and I may do one more treatment to the gasoline.

Before I head back to Coney Island, I'll change the oil and filter out and run some 5w-30 synthetic, Pennzoil Ultra.

I decided to use the Pennzoil Ultra, 5w-30 and a Bosch D+ for my Oil Change after the second Kreen treatment. I've had this 5 quart jug since last spring WM clearance and I'll use this with an additional quart of Ultra for my next fill.

Well, I have had Kreen in my 04 Tahoe and I must say this stuff works. I had a tick in my engine and I switched to Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30. The tick went partially away. I added the Kreen and the tick is gone. Even cold startups it does not tick. It rides a lot smoother also. Something got cleaned up in there!!!

Your results mirror mine. The stuff is a real problem solver and works quickly with genuinely positive results.
I lost count on how many engines i have used this product in since i started this thread but it never fails to impress the heck out of me when it cures a noisy lifter/lash adjuster in a few miles/minutes.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Your results mirror mine. The stuff is a real problem solver and works quickly with genuinely positive results.
I lost count on how many engines i have used this product in since i started this thread but it never fails to impress the heck out of me when it cures a noisy lifter/lash adjuster in a few miles/minutes.

Data please? LOL j/k buddy, the stuff works. I turned a few friends onto it who've neglected their engines. The thanks are coming in.

My buddys Burb is running really good... How long should we keep using Kreen?

2-3 Kreen runs initially and then maybe once a year? Use a good cleaning oil like PYB HM to help keep it somewhat clean running?

Just curious on how long you guys stayed with Kreen and then went back to regular oil changes.

Last edited:
I only run it once or twice depending on how bad the problem is.
I don't run it as preventive maintenance instead i run PU once its cleaned up and forget it.
I think PU will do a good job of keeping things clean.

Run PU in a 94 5.7 suburban with 295K miles? I am just concerned that a syn may enhance any slight oil seeping he already may have... How about just plain jane 10W30 PYB or even stay with the current PYB HM? Thanks.

Type of oil does not seem to affect Kreen results. In most engines it flashes off and cleans the PCV at the same time.

I have not used it twice in ANY engine yet. The results were so dramatic in my two test trucks that I now recommend it to anyone with a high mileage motor.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Type of oil does not seem to affect Kreen results. In most engines it flashes off and cleans the PCV at the same time.

I have not used it twice in ANY engine yet. The results were so dramatic in my two test trucks that I now recommend it to anyone with a high mileage motor.

So you only used 16 oz of Kreen in the oil for one OCI and also put some in the gas?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan

So you only used 16 oz of Kreen in the oil for one OCI and also put some in the gas?

A pint in the oil is all you need, don't use any more than that. IIRC 8 ounces in the gas is what I used for a 20 gallon tank. HTH

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

we followed the exact instructions on the can.

That's 16 ounces in the oil, and 16 ounces in our tank which is 33 gallons.

Easy as pie!

I run PU but my engines have fewer miles. HM, PYB or any other brand name dino would keep the engine clean also.
Once its clean it easy to keep it that way, but running a dose of Kreen though it once in a while wont do any harm either.

Just received two quarts of Kreen today. I treated my BMW about 10,000 miles ago (fuel and oil). Going to do it again on my bmw and my wife's explorer as well. Seems to be great stuff.

I plan to use about 16 oz in my bmw 6 quart oil pan and about 8 oz in a 17 gallon gas tank. I will run the oil about 1,000 miles.

Seem about correct?

Last edited:
32oz in the 1 qt can. 16oz to a pint = 2 pints to a qt.
Basically 500Ml to 5Ltr oil or 100Ml per Ltr.

Edit: I feel your pain i had a terrible time with inches and ounces for a long time, an archaic outdated system.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Russell
Just received two quarts of Kreen today. I treated my BMW about 10,000 miles ago (fuel and oil). Going to do it again on my bmw and my wife's explorer as well. Seems to be great stuff.

I plan to use about 16 oz in my bmw 6 quart oil pan and about 8 oz in a 17 gallon gas tank. I will run the oil about 1,000 miles.

Seem about correct?

Bingo! You've got it! Good luck, please post results.

I just wanted to post up another update. I went 1500 miles on my 90 civic (car has 260,000 miles on it) after putting in a pint of Kreen with 10w-30 and the nasty valvetrain noise that I had put up with for the past 10,000 miles since purchasing the car has completely gone away. Oil consumption used to be about 1 quart every 1000 miles and after 1500 miles w/Kreen it only lost about 1/2 quart! It also used to smoke a bit on full throttle on the highway, but that's gone as well! I've never had much faith in "repairs in a bottle" but Kreen has won me over. I'll be ordering more in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back