Fuel System Cleaner's and Maintenance Doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a new car, if you run a maintenance dose of let’s say Redline S-1 EVERY fill up. Would you ever need to do a full bottle treatment again? In a used car, once you run a full treatment of something like Redline S-1 or Techron, then you run a maintenance dose of let’s say Redline S-1 EVERY fill up. Would you ever need to do a full bottle treatment again? I personally do a maintenance dose every fill up with Redline S-1 and every other fill up a maintenance dose of MMO in both my vehicles.

Likely not, but it wouldnt really hurt to do a real dose once in a long while, just in case.

I prefer maintenance doses, with the basis that "less is more" as the means of dosing.

I think you are on the right track.

Yeah maintenance dose is all you should need.

Personally I don't want to have the hassle, so I plan on using Chevron (not just top tier) instead and then putting in cleaner once a year.

To answer your question: I don't see any benefit to using a full bottle if you've been adding maintenance doses for an extended period.

I ran a 3-5 oz maintenance dose of SI-1 every fillup in my STI. It got to be too much work, so I'm reverting back to 15 oz every 10-15k or so. It'll be cheaper and I don't think there will be ANY negative effect. I certainly didn't notice any positive effect after using an entire case over nearly a year.

This is what i thought but wanted to confirm. It really doesn't bother me putting Maintenance doses in at fill up. It bothers me more creating the doses in my 4oz bottles I use.
Also, the reason for this is I use Costco gas here in So Calif. to save some cents per gallon and get % rebates from American Express on the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back