Quaker State 'Defy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dparm
It's all about product differentiation. How is QS going to market this?

Exactly.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I don't see anything interesting hear.
A mediocre, low VI, predominately dino oil with increased ZDDP levels. Quaker State is a late entry to that old party.

+1

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I don't see anything interesting hear.
A mediocre, low VI, predominately dino oil with increased ZDDP levels. Quaker State is a late entry to that old party.

How about that recent HONDA mit M1AFE0W20 UOA reporting viscocity just about out of spec. So much for modern VII robustness. I dont want a sheared 6 cst oil in my engine. I dont even want a sub 3 cSt running viscosity either. Scale that tiny honda FIT engine up to a chevy 350 and you have insane wear. No wonder GM said "see you later" to API ILSAC specs - They have skin in the game now with their 100K warranty and high specific output engines.

Last edited:
I have 4 Jeep Cherokees with the 4.0 that Need this oil. Very Exciting. Quaker State 10w-40 is in my 2001 SilverStone Metallics 4.0 and even though only has 64,9?? miles on her 4.0, she is leaking a weee bit from the rear main(Kinda soon, even by 4.0 standards, my 99s 4.0 rear main has 140,??? miles and is still dry! Oops Jinx...)that give me plenty of reason to use this oil with proabably more Zinc/Phospherous that the 10w-40 im using now. Will It be in a Green Bottle? That will play a Big part in my decision...

Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
I have 4 Jeep Cherokees with the 4.0 that Need this oil. Very Exciting. Quaker State 10w-40 is in my 2001 SilverStone Metallics 4.0 and even though only has 64,9?? miles on her 4.0, she is leaking a weee bit from the rear main(Kinda soon, even by 4.0 standards, my 99s 4.0 rear main has 140,??? miles and is still dry! Oops Jinx...)that give me plenty of reason to use this oil with proabably more Zinc/Phospherous that the 10w-40 im using now. Will It be in a Green Bottle? That will play a Big part in my decision...

I'm really interested in this for the Jeep as well, I'm glad to hear it's actually showing up.

Lets see how much they are going to ask for it... When the price of oil goes up the dust on the oil containers in stores also go up

Same price as the current QSHM, $14.84 or something close to that, just a little under $15. At least at my local WM. Only had one jug on the shelf, 0W-20, amongst all the QSHM. Checked it on the scanner, showed same price as the HM. I'm waiting for it to show up in 5W-30 for the old Miata.

My local WM has 5W30 Defy. It is in the spot where the QSHM 5W30 used to be. It's the same price as the HM oil, but it makes me wonder if the intent of QS was to REPLACE the regular HM oil...

I would really like to see a VOA of the stuff, i still haven't seen it around me but I haven't looked recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back