MUGEN Motor oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
High-Performance Engine Oil VT-α
Engine oil which MUGEN has developed exclusively for Honda VTEC engines. Though performance of the engine oil is in no way inferior to that of the racing engine oil, it also has oxidation resistance and low temperature stability ideal for street use. High specification engine oil possessing proper viscosity, with newly developed additives (MODIC: organic molybdenum, it can hold an oil film under severe conditions. It is perfect for sports driving. Engine oil for four wheels four-stroke gasoline engines 100% SAE 5W-40 synthetic oil. 4L can and 1L bottle are available.

http://www.mugen-power.com/english/philosophy/index.html

If it is anything like the rest of Mugen's products, you will pay 5x the price for it and it will maybe be slightly better the competitors offering, but with oil, I doubt their blend is worth the price they put on it, ill take RP/RL before that oil for a track day.

I wont hold my breath until I see a UOA, there are plenty of great oils out there already that are plenty for any Honda vtec motor..

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Brenden
If it is anything like the rest of Mugen's products, you will pay 5x the price for it and it will maybe be slightly better the competitors offering, but with oil, I doubt their blend is worth the price they put on it, ill take RP/RL before that oil for a track day.

I wont hold my breath until I see a UOA, there are plenty of great oils out there already that are plenty for any Honda vtec motor..

If I were a rich man I would only try the Mugen oil only if it is intended to be used with a catalyst. The shot of moly would be great but is this oil intended for a long drain application? Your RL oil does not fair well for long drain use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zmelli
Originally Posted By: Brenden

If I were a rich man I would only try the Mugen oil only if it is intended to be used with a catalyst. The shot of moly would be great but is this oil intended for a long drain application? Your RL oil does not fair well for long drain use.

Are you kidding me? Redline and Royal Purple have performed flawlessly time and time again on extended intervals. Amsoil's focus is on even longer intervals so their success is respective of their formulation.

I might let you put down an OTC dino, but a high quality oil like Redline or Royal Purple? Pass me a hit of whatever you're taking (Kool Aid)?

Originally Posted By: zmelli
Your RL oil does not fair well for long drain use.

I just ran 20k on Red Line 5W20 (not recommended by the factory) in my VW diesel and it is fine with 3.3 TBN left. Check the UOA section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back