TCW3 OIL in gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I put 3 oz. of TCW3 2 stroke oil in last week, so far no problems at all.

I have run TCW3 in my jeep a few times at a mixture just a little stronger than 1oz for 5 gallons (I have added up to 6oz to 19 gallons. normally run 4 oz for 19 gallons)

no MPG differences and no difference on how the engine runs. I really would like to believe it works as a UCL and is helping lube things up but with no good way on testing it, its hard to say its doing anything but burning money. But 1 quart of TCW3 lasts months and is only 5 bucks. so I usually end up using just for the theory of having an UCL. I have also tried MMO and have even Mixed MMO and TCW3. I find the TCW3 alone is more economical so thats what ill be using for now.

Last edited:
I do know that from talking to my uncle that uses the amount I used; he uses TCW3 in his 98' metro hatchback and his 92' s-10 V-6 and says that he had some cheap junk gas few times before using it, and that now with the TCW3 in the tank, the white scum and gunk is gone. He pulled his injectors out of his truck after cleaning them and before the 2 stroke oil, and since using the two stroke oil, and checking the injectors again and the screens he said they are real clean looking.

^Interesting experience. I have some TC-W3 by Pennzoil sitting around, got it on Clearance from Target last year. Over-dosed my first try so I may go back to it for another try.

I have used Supertech tc-w3 for a little over a year. My car would get cranky by not starting every once in a while and had a very slight uneven idle. Read the ls1 epic and decided to give it a try. Noticed a difference on my third tank and have used it since: 1 oz. for every 5 gallons of gas. No wild claims on mileage but it solved two annoying things for me.

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
I have used Supertech tc-w3 for a little over a year. My car would get cranky by not starting every once in a while and had a very slight uneven idle. Read the ls1 epic and decided to give it a try. Noticed a difference on my third tank and have used it since: 1 oz. for every 5 gallons of gas. No wild claims on mileage but it solved two annoying things for me.

What car/engine?

I dont think it matters the engine its in, as my uncle uses it in his two fuel injected motors. I use 3-4 oz. before every fill up, no problems to report. I dont have any problems with my 1.7 4cyl engine in my Civic. Cant really see using MMO since its going up in price all the time.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe

What car/engine?

2007 Grand Prix GT 3.8 S/C
I tried tc-w3 alone, MMO alone, tc-w3 and MMO mixed and felt that I got the best result from tc-w3 alone.

You could try mixing it with Acetone like our fellow member Clevy is doing currently.

Originally Posted By: civic09
You could try mixing it with Acetone like our fellow member Clevy is doing currently.

Believe it or not acetone gas extended the run times on my carb'd generators and air compressors.
Our fuel bill is a consistent 2200 a month to run 11 air compressors and 11 generators for 8 hrs a day. To date,with those exact same machines my receipts total just under 1300 with 10 days to go in the month. And 3 of those days aren't work days.
It's saving me in fuel. I really don't care what anyone here says or thinks. My wallet tells me it is.

After a couple fill ups of tcw3, my car cuts off prematurely when I fill it up now. Ran 2 bottles of b12 chemtool at separate fill ups to try and fix it and no luck yet.

...you fill up your car while it's on?
crazy2.gif

OR it the 'gas pump' clicks sooner than before?

PS: One could argue running B-12 Chemtool immediately after is bi-polar for all intents and purposes. Fuel filter may need replacing after all of those solvent was put in your fuel system.

The cutoff for the fuel. Not my car. It is off when I fill up.

I filled up for months with the inconvenience it caused me. Not immediately after. The chemtool was kind of a last ditch effort to see if it would dissolve or dislodge anything that is causing an issue.

Last edited:
Your uncle is way overdosing.
As a lube, 2 stroke oil is great.
Fuel pump, upper cylinder and valve guides should be hepled, with maybe some additional sealing of rings and valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back