Looking for a cleaner for every fill-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
but this should keep you pretty clean for at least the next 7500 miles.
I don't quite understand that rationale
wink.gif
But it seems a lot of the major fuel additive manufacturers are onto this......

The whole idea of a "once a year" or "once every oil change" etc..."shock" dosing....

My theory is, the next fill up without the additive, the "gunk" (be it varnish, carbon, etc...) is building up......

So basically you're just "cleaning up" the carbon every x amount of time frame
wink.gif

Not necessarily "keeping it clean".....

Which is kind of why I like the MMO or TCW-3 route....all based on "maintenance doses".....When I do my dosing at the pump, I average the dosing on the "lower end" of the recommended dosing...for example, MMO states 1-4 oz. per 10 gallons...I typically go with 2-3 oz....since I've heard too much could trigger octane degradation, and thus, encounter pinging....but I've yet to experience it.

But yea, I'm all for the "maintenance doses"

Though, I've also been a fan of the B-12 CHEMTOOL product by Berryman Products......they recommended one dosing every fourth or fifth fillup
smile.gif
Granted, their mix/formula is fairly stout stuff.....some of its ingredients which have been "bashed" for use in gasoline previously, primarily the IPA, the Methanol, and the Acetone it contains....believe it also contains "Paint Thinner" equivalent
smile.gif

That's my go-to-product before my 3-6 month OCI.....

Another product that we have all overlooked so far is Schaeffer's #151c Soy Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back