Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Originally Posted By: mongo161

Now I wish I had added some to my gasoline, as suggested, since it most likely would have really cleaned up the throttle body during a long run.

I don't think it would clean throttle body.

Agreed. Mongo. Can you explain to me how it would clean a throttle body.
Throttle body fuel injected vehicles have the fuel injected into the intake,after the throttle body,and modern vehicles the fuel is injected right into the cylinder.
So I am lost here. How does it clean the throttle body?

Ironically, PCV system cleaning is one of the reasons I've considered adding it to the oil in my app. I've used Red Line SI-1 FSC before with hopes it was doing some of that as the bottle claims. I've got to pull the valve cover and see how things look, if it warrants a Kreen treatment I'll get to observe how the PCV system looks before/after.

I can tell you that in GM V8 trucks with a dry manifold the Kreen definitely cleaned the PCV and the intake, AND the backside of the TB.

If you don't use it in BOTH the fuel and the oil you will not experience all the benefits.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I can tell you that in GM V8 trucks with a dry manifold the Kreen definitely cleaned the PCV and the intake, AND the backside of the TB.

If you don't use it in BOTH the fuel and the oil you will not experience all the benefits.

I'll have to try it in my 2003 GMC Sierra 5.3L with 180k+ miles...

Well I put it in last weekend in both my vehicles.. I must say that it has made a difference. Both vehicles are definitely a bit smoother. The Tahoe for sure! My Outback is even smoother. The Tahoe has 140,000+ miles and my Outback has just turned 93,000. I must now put some in the gas tanks the next time I go to fill up. This was a good find and thanks all for the heads up on this good product.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Do you mind sharing what shipping cost for that???

I am not sure. I will check and let you know. They called me and told me that if I got a gallon I would be charged hazardous materials fee. Since they sent 4 separate quarts I was able to dodge that fee. Nice of them to do that for me!! Great customer service!

^Yes, for that reason I'm probably only needing 1 or 2 quarts for my app. 3.5 quarts in the sump, so probably 1 quart is enough for 1 treatment in the oil fuel for the Civic.

Originally Posted By: MeaMurano
^^ 1 qt per 5 Gallons.

32oz per 5 gallons? That sounds like wayyyy to much.

I thought it was like 12oz per 20 gallons but I asked, because I forgot the correct dose.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
How much in the fuel again per gl?

IIRC I used 8 ounces to a 20 gallon tank of gas. Better check the label or give them a call and find out.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
How much in the fuel again per gl?

IIRC I used 8 ounces to a 20 gallon tank of gas. Better check the label or give them a call and find out.

You are right, I think Kanolabs told me a while back it was around 8OZ per 20gl...

I picked this '99 Saturn SL2 with 130K. The previous owner must have put some thickener type additive in the oil, the kind when you take the oil cap off you get jelly like threads clinging from the cap. So I changed the oil with 10W40. Now I notice some smoking. Not constantly, just sometimes. I didn't notice this before changing the oil, but I didn't look for it either. Would Kreen help or should I try some thickener again like Lucas?

And would this stuff have cleaned out the sludge in my '09 Cadillac enough that they wouldn't have voided the warranty before needing a timing chain job?

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Originally Posted By: atikovi
And would this stuff have cleaned out the sludge in my '09 Cadillac enough that they wouldn't have voided the warranty before needing a timing chain job?

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

What oil / OCI were you using, if you don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back