milky white engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: meep
HA! I see you live on JF too, under a different username!
smile.gif

Hey Meep, what's up man? Good to see you here too bro and thanx for your input with each person's reply I learn something different thanks guys.thanx Stephen, No I haven't seen the post but I'll check it out in a few.

Hey Chevyboy what you said Reminded me of Ton from auction hunters where he didn't know what kinda liquid was in something and he dabbled it on his finger and then said it antifreeze. lol..yours sound like a good idea but I don't know if it's a sane one.lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
To the OP:

Did you see this thread I posted a couple days ago?
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2494176#Post2494176

My girlfriend's 2000 Beetle has the 2.0, an engine known for the very same issue your Jeep is having. The condensation builds up much more in the winter and it's made worse by short trips.

My GF's commute is only around 2 - 3 miles a day round trip. The gunky foam builds up really bad in the oil filler neck and inside the valve cover.

Last winter it got so bad the oil was contaminated and milky, same as yours. I panicked thinking it was a head gasket for sure. But, I changed the oil and kept my eye on the coolant, which never went down or got contaminated with oil.

Don't panic yet. If you didn't have synthetic in there, I would say change the oil and see what happens. But, I'd also hate to waste that synthetic oil. I'm on board with others who say to just drive it on a trip. My GF did this when her oil was contaminated and it partially cleared it up. I ended up changing it, because it still didn't look great.

You know that I was so freaked out that my engine oil was discolored that I failed to see that what was in the filler cap was more yellow than white so what must have been in the oil was probably yellow too. Stephen what you found the beetle engine looks a lot like the gunk that was in my filler cap. I took the Jeep for an errand which was 5 miles, then I took a look at the oil and it still looked like it was mixed but it seemed like it was clearing up, then I looked in the filler cap and that looked like it was clearing up and had like patches of water, So I decided to do what almost everybody said and took it for a 20 mile drive. I checked the oil at the end and it was completely clear.

http://db.tt/wMYMO7Dg

I couldn't check the filler cap cause it seem like it got tight after I warmed it up so I'll check it tomorrow after it cooled down and post pictures. Thanx a lot everyone. Ill make the travels from my work longer so it wouldn't build up, even though I think someone mentioned he drove at least 20 miles everyday and they still had gunk in the oil, but if I maintain the car by driving it more and if I don't see gunk, I wouldn't have to change the oil would I? Also I don't even think it's in the actual oil because as soon as I started running it and clean the gunk of the dipstick everything that came after that was clear motor oil like it never had anything inside.

I never said I was sane. Its just the easiest cheapest most practical way I know to do be sure. The old taste test hasnt ever failed me. :)

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
Littke shade tree trick. Many people will say dont do it its bad. But real simple test takes 1minute to do and will tell for sure. Dab your finger on the oil and put a drop on your toungue. If it tastes oily your good if its oily and sweet not good. It wont hurt anything to do it and then you can be sure.:) I've done it plenty and no negative effects yet

Because oil and those contaminates, like antifreeze, are such great things to have enter your body, even in small quantities.....

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The amount of people on this site that smell, feel, and now taste their oil to determine it's condition amaze me!

Well Feel I think would be the least of worries, although Books often caution against dealing with brake fluids and brake pads with bare hands, As for smell in my chemistry class my professor always used to say hold what you're smelling far way from you, and wave your hand towards you from the thing you are smelling, as creating air so You'll be able to smell it from a distance and not directly from the source, I heard a direct whiff of certain things can cause problems and even death. Which I wud have remembered what he said and not stick my nose inside a quart full of tranny fluid when I was trying to determine if the leak under my car was actually tranny fluid, because I couldn't register the smell from the drop I had put on my finger. I had a headache for 2 days. Now to taste it, well that's a whole new ballgame.

I have never had my oil look like that in my 4.7. Go for a good 2 hour drive, should burn the water off. [censored] under the cap is normal.

You know what amazes me is people nowadays are afraid of everything. I didnt say lick the dipstick I said take a very little dab. It works! Sure some goofy chemist who knows all about cars (cough cough) will tell you its dangerous and could kill you but it hasn't hurt me yet. And really does anyone
know a better more practical cheap way to be sure what it is? Until any one can answer that question correctly I will continue doing it my way which I find superior than any way I've seen. And im not worried the amount of chemicals in our food is no better for you than a small amount of oil and antifreeze . :)

You know what amazes me is people nowadays are afraid of everything. I didnt say lick the dipstick I said take a very little dab. It works! Sure some goofy chemist who knows all about cars (cough cough) will tell you its dangerous and could kill you but it hasn't hurt me yet. And really does anyone
know a better more practical cheap way to be sure what it is? Until any one can answer that question correctly I will continue doing it my way which I find superior than any way I've seen. And im not worried the amount of chemicals in our food is no better for you than a small amount of oil and antifreeze . :)

01.gif

Hey man, let's get this straightened out, I'm not knocking your procedure, It works for you so it must be good to some degree, but I wouldn't try it personally not cause I'm scared but it's that my stomach is sensitive to certain foods already. But while we're on the subject of licking a dipstick, maybe we can take one and and a piece of Chicken or steak and make a shis kabob, slab on some antifreeze BBQ flavor and we're good to go..lol. I'm just kidding, do what you do its been working.

I also have sensitive stomach gerds disease
smirk.gif
funny things is bread, soda and meat bother my stomach but not antifreeze. I was born to fix cars lol. When I say little though I mean as small an amount as you can get and just on the tip of your tongue. The blown headgasket tastes good its the normal oil that doesnt taste good. Lol antifreeze is really sweet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back