Jatco RE5RO5A nissan/subaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own are G35x, which in a sense is a 350z with AWD. 5 speed automatic , i can select which gear i want to be.

Subaru Legacy GT is particular is a 5 speed automatic, that can select the gear as well.

Both state they run a RE5RO5A, are these the same transmissions? obviously mounting points, final drive, valve body shift points, gear ratios are different but in the end are they the same?

Im looking at LGT wagon to buy. I'm not a fan of how my G35x shifts, holds the gear a little longer then i would like, the 1st into 2nd is bad timing most cases, I'm assuming this is more TCU/ valve body based. So its not the same for these two.

On transgo site, they have a shift kit for the nissan one but nothing listed for the subaru, people have bought it and made it work.

So can someone tell me what is the difference between the subaru and nissan version of the RE5RO5A?

From my research, "Subaru released the 5EAT w/ SportShift in 2003 based on the Jatco JR507E transmission".

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle

So can someone tell me what is the difference between the subaru and nissan version of the RE5RO5A?

Most of the internal parts should be the same, but the cases, orientation of parts and output points are totally different between the two.

The Jatco, made to Subaru specs is basically a rear-wheel drive transmission w/ CV shaft outputs on either side for the front drive.

i went off numbers off the transgo website.

There was always the rumor the G35 and LGT has similar transmissions. I just wanted to dig a little deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back