M1 5W-30, 5000 OCI, 2000 Toyota Sienna

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 months of 70% city driving?

Go back to sleep.
smile.gif
Pretty good report - what kind of oil before? Your solids are a tad high - and I guess I do pay attention to TBN.

Metals seem low for the time. Are you sure you aren't trying to slip a dino oil UOA past us?
smile.gif

I don't remember the exact dates the oil was used but my best guess would be around 4-5 months.

The car is driven about 4 miles to work 4 days of the week. Lots of short mileage errands but is also used for long distance travel 2+ hours.

M1 has been used starting @ 5K miles and changed every 5K miles since.

Prvious insolubles at the 75K UOA were .3 not a big jump.

Sorry, no TBN.

Vehicle- 2000 Toyota Sienna 3.0 V6
Miles on unit 85000
Miles on Oil 5000
Make up oil: 0
Driving conditions 30/70 highway/city
Time on Oil Oil Mobil1 SS 5w30
Filter OEM

Aluminum 2
Chromium 0
Iron 3
Copper 5
Lead 5
Tin 0
Molybdenum 81
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Boron 39
Silicon 20
Sodium 2
Calcium 2101
Magnesium 30
Phos 603
Zinc 712
Barium 1

Visc@210F 61.5
Flashpoint 375F
Fuel Insolubles .4%

Performed by Blackstone Laboratories

Blackstone noted that copper is a little higher then the universal average of 2. Could the higher silicon value be the cause of the increased copper value? Your comments are welcome.

P51:

Very interesting, in an uninteresting sort of way. I'm sure you're aware that your van is the poster child vehicle for the Toyota sludge problem. I may be wrong, but while all the 1MZ V-6s of that time were sludge candidates, the Sienna installation seemed to generate the most cases (or perhaps, most hyperbole, who knows). In any event, I see no indication here that your oil or engine are in trouble. Your insols are still below the Blackstone flag value (though not by much). I had an 01 Highlander on a lease for a time, and was taking good care of it, as I originally planned to buy it off-lease (plans changed). You're doing exactly what my dealership service manager recommended when I first heard of the problem (well pre-BITOG): use Mobil-1 and change it every 5k miles.

All this said, you might want to take a look at your air filter and intake plumbing, as you may have a small leakage problem causing the slight silicon elevation. If I were you, I'd look, but certainly not with any sense of panic.

Just another case of a Toyota V-6 thriving on its favorite oil.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back