Mercedes & Techron Concentrate Plus or Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercedes say that you may use Techron Concentrate Plus if you haven't been using top tier.

Can you think of any reason why one couldn't or shouldn't use Gumout All In One or another PEA based fuel system cleaner?

Whats ironic is Techron Concentrate Plus does not list PEA in its MSDS, Gumout Regaine and Redline si-1 (one I use) do.

Techron Concentrate used to list PEA, but they dropped it from the sheet. But IIRC their engineers said the formula was not changed, hence there's still PEA.

Techron MSDS used to say 30~40% pea.

Any PEA should be fine. Techron is just a brand. A good one that's easy to find, but just one supplier. The other good thing about it is they don't have 17 different fuel cleaners like gumout does, so it's easy to know what you are getting.

While I prefer Techron myself, I suspect that Mercedes has tested Techron and not others. Techron was developed by BMW & Chevron so there may be some cross over here.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Techron was developed by BMW & Chevron so there may be some cross over here.

That is what I was thinking...

Originally Posted By: rjacket
Mercedes say that you may use Techron Concentrate Plus if you haven't been using top tier.

Can you think of any reason why one couldn't or shouldn't use Gumout All In One or another PEA based fuel system cleaner?

rjacket,

I'm surprised Mercedes say people can do that. They must realize people/owners aren't using Top Tier gas in there high end cars.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango

rjacket,

I'm surprised Mercedes say people can do that. They must realize people/owners aren't using Top Tier gas in there high end cars.

Durango

Not everyone has top tier stations around. Most of the stations by me have gone gulf or no-name!

no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back