TECHRON Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading a post here at Bob's recently and the OP was stating(not quoting) that Chevron has either lowered or removed the PEA from Techron. Is there any evidence of this?

Last edited:
Char Baby,

Yeah I saw the post the other day but eith case I just added a big bottle of Techron to my 08' Impala SS as an initial annual treatment. I'll add one more bottle towards the end of this month and e done with it.

I believe the posting said that all the PEA was removed.

Durango

My best guess is they have done nothing, but change the MSDS and call it a trade secret additive. I think when I looked it was still listed in the MSDS of some size containers and not in others. If you find an additive that is 6%, that is it.

It's very hard to believe that what they bragged about (PEA) all over the place has now become a trade secret, because it wouldn't be secret--we're talking about it here. I still see mentions of PEA in various Chevron web pages that you can get to via Google, but they seem to have scrubbed mention of it on the current Techron pages. I wonder if everyone is having to drop PEA because of some environmental regulation or something else? Anybody have an update on this?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
It's very hard to believe that what they bragged about (PEA) all over the place has now become a trade secret, because it wouldn't be secret--we're talking about it here. I still see mentions of PEA in various Chevron web pages that you can get to via Google, but they seem to have scrubbed mention of it on the current Techron pages. I wonder if everyone is having to drop PEA because of some environmental regulation or something else? Anybody have an update on this?

AuthorEditor,

Regardless of wether it has PEA or not in the forumla anymore I'll still use it. Techron is still a good product and unless I read it's not doing it's job anymore I contimue to put it in my tank.

Durango

I believe that Techron, BG44K, etc all still use PEA but just do not list it. I do know that BG44K also still works as good as it did 5-10 years ago and some say it also dropped PEA...

I use BG44K and Redline SI-1 and recommend them to friends that have fuel issues. Both still seem to work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back