Shell Pennzoil Not To Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
We forget,Smoke (Stewart) publicly ran GoodYear thru the mud years back and got spanked by the parties involved.I believe he got into a fight overseas earlier in the year too.So he's no angel either.And people think Dale Earnhardt Sr was perfect too...how many did he spin out on purpose? In my book,the most gentleman racer of all time was Richard Petty....no doubt about it...Ned Jarrett,Benny Parsons,Buddy Arrington,JD McDuffie rank up there as well.

No mention of the real greats, like Yarborough or Allison.
Yarborough.jpg

^^^ LOL, I've heard Bobby say in many interviews that the fight broke out because he questioned Cale's ancestry, then mentioned Cale started slamming his face into his(Bobby's) fist...

BTW I'm probably one of the few around here that did see the fight live on TV...

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
In my humble opinion, the cleanest driver out there, on the track and off, was Mark Martin. I've been a fan of Mark's since I started watching it in the early '90s.

Yes he is. I just wish he had gotten that elusive championship instead of being a bridesmaid 3 times.

Originally Posted By: TFB1
^^^ LOL, I've heard Bobby say in many interviews that the fight broke out because he questioned Cale's ancestry, then mentioned Cale started slamming his face into his(Bobby's) fist...

BTW I'm probably one of the few around here that did see the fight live on TV...

Yep, I saw it on tv, too. But I was very young.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Racerjk
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
In my humble opinion, the cleanest driver out there, on the track and off, was Mark Martin. I've been a fan of Mark's since I started watching it in the early '90s.

Yes he is. I just wish he had gotten that elusive championship instead of being a bridesmaid 3 times.

agreed.

my biggest NASCAR WTH? moment was the "Jeff Brawl" a couple yrs ago (Gordon/Burton), they both seem so NOT the guys to start throwing punches...

We all understand frustration and temper. Question is, how do you function at a high-stress level as an elite athlete and NOT blow up from time to time? I met Tim Tebow, for example, last month in person. I mention him because his stress levels are off the charts and yet he is THE nicest person on the planet, or seems to be. How does he do it. ... You know, as long as he isn't hurting anyone physically, I say let him cuss like a sailor, but not to excess i guess.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: Hermann
Any more Nascar is just a soap opera on wheels. It has not been "racing" since about 1990 IMO

Well, 93 at least...

+1

Last time I really watched Nascar was when you knew a BLACK car would win... #3, #28, or #2.

It might just be me, but these KIDS should be thankful in their lives for their overly paid career of driving in circles. Instead, just a bunch of whiney punks to me...

Originally Posted By: troyh
daves87rs said:
Last time I really watched Nascar was when you knew a BLACK car would win... #3, #28, or #2.

I don't remember what year this was or what team, but one time an owner thought the black cars were getting all the 'breaks', so for one race he painted HIS car black. i don't know if he got his point across, but I remember it was funny.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Any more Nascar is just a soap opera on wheels. It has not been "racing" since about 1990 IMO
TV caution TV caution!!!!! and NOW back to the Danica hype...

Originally Posted By: chainblu
daves87rs said:

I don't remember what year this was or what team, but one time an owner thought the black cars were getting all the 'breaks', so for one race he painted HIS car black. i don't know if he got his point across, but I remember it was funny.

knew a BLACK car would win... #3 (Earnhardt), #28 (Ernie Irvan), or #2 (Rusty Wallace).

Seems there for awhile these were the only 3 cars winning. Maybe 93-95'ish, before Gordon took over.

Many people do not like him, but watching racing not the same for me since the passing of Earnhardt at Daytona.

How entertaining it would be to see Earnhardt racing Kyle Bush on the track. My guess is the kid would be in the wall quite often.
smile.gif

My guess is the old man would be in the wall. Never was an Earnhardt fan. I will give him credit for ALL he did on and off the track. Just not a big fan of his.

How entertaining it would be to see Earnhardt racing Kyle Bush on the track. My guess is the kid would be in the wall quite often.
smile.gif

My guess is that Pee Wee 'wild thang' would be in the hospital quite often!!
wink.gif

I can't believe it,but I've found myself pulling for Kurt Busch and Phoenix racing. I love James Finch!! He's an old school owner for sure,and he's always been an underdog.

The combo of him and Kurt Busch seems to be a powderkeg to me!

Yeah, my interest in NASCAR faded quickly after Earnhardt died. It's coming back somewhat as I gain respect for Tony Stewart as an owner/driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back