Looking for a cleaner for every fill-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title states I am looking for a fuel system cleaner that you can add at every fill up. I would need it to be a cleaner, not an UCL.

So far I have only found RLI BioPlus and Fuelpower Plus.

Are there any other ones available?

Thanks.

red line sl-1 is perfect use. i use 1.5oz every time i go to the station...you can get this,"red line complete fuel system cleaner"at pep boys.

Last edited:
You can add Techron Concentrate as a maintenance dose with each tank, IIRC. I think Lube Control has a maintenance dose too.

I use Amsoil Pi fuel system cleaner. The bottle has 10 gallon maintenance dose marks on the side, making it easy to pour in small doses at every fill up.

I personally do every other fill up as with the amount of WOT runs i do, the quality fuels i use and the fuel additives, i feel my injectors are spotless and don't NEED a ton of additives at EVERY fillup. (roughly 350 miles)

I would probably not use a top-tier fuel if you are using your own additives. You can offset the cost of adding your own that way.

I use redline fuel system cleaner. 15 oz bottle and treats up to 100 gallons most places that sell it go for about $9 . I use about an ounce or two on every fill up.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I've always used Redline but I'd like to try that Amsoil one too. Got a nearby dealer I buy my Amsoil stuff from.

The Amsoil P.I. is generally a couple of bucks more per bottle than the Red Line SI-1, when both are offered, side by side, on the same shelf anywhere (of course the Amsoil will be less $$, and about the same price as the RL, if one is a preferred customer, and orders it online/over the phone
wink.gif
).

It's a 2011 with 19k miles, what exactly are you trying to clean? You've had since new, and if I remember you are a top tier user so a fuel additive?

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
For a 11 Prius?

How about Chevrone gasoline?

Yes, it is a 2011 with 20k. I have used three bottles of Gumout Regane HM during that period (at the 6k, 9k, 16k marks). I had originally planned to add a bottle every 5k but as you can see, I have not been good about remembering.

I average about 3k/mo and go through about 75 gal of fuel every month. The price difference between Arco and the Shell or Chevron top-tier stations I typically use is 15 cents/gal. Therefore the price difference between fueling with top-tier and generic is about $14/mo.

When purchased in a gallon, FP Plus is $61/gal and RLI Bio-Plus Injector Cleaner is $68/gal. Even for RLI that is $0.53/oz—and even at a 1 oz/10gal ratio it would only cost me $4.25/mo for the additive. In theory, generic gas + RLI additive should be superior to top-tier fuel w/no additives, right? So, I should be saving myself $10/mo by adding additive?

Also, I was not aware that Amsoil PI can be used at every fill-up. I believe the old Amsoil PI was setup that way, but the new PI is to only be added once every 4,000 miles.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
As the title states I am looking for a fuel system cleaner that you can add at every fill up. I would need it to be a cleaner, not an UCL.

So far I have only found RLI BioPlus and Fuelpower Plus.

Are there any other ones available?

Thanks.

Seafoam. Or acetone. 2 ounces per 5 gallons. You will even see a fuel economy increase.
I have been testing acetone mixed with fuel for about 4 months now in every vehicle I can get my hands on. My dodge calibre has seen as per the fuel consumption computer a 1 liter per 100 km improvement. My old lady's minivan gets 60kms per tank more. My chev with a 4" lift and cammed/dyno tuned 5.3 liter went from 450 kms per tank to 550.
So the acetone is doing something. It had even extended the run times per tank on my 160cc Honda motors on my air compressors and my generators. It seems every gas powered motor I have added acetone to has seen a consumption decrease.
You're results may vary

Why not go the shock dose route? Chevron Techron Concentrate.....then each fill thereafter, use a UCL.....the whole idea, is to lube the fuel system, and the extra layer of oil will in turn keep the innards "clean" during use....

TCW-3, or MMO are good for this.....MMO is easy, only takes 2-4 oz. per 10 gallons.....

TCW-3 is typically 1 oz. per 5 gallons.....

Originally Posted By: cronk
How about a bottle of Regaine at every oil change and MMO at every fill up.

^MMO(2 oz/5 gal) or TC-W3 certified 2-stroke oil(1 oz/5 gal) every other fill up and Regane/Regane High Mileage the tank BEFORE every oil change(this is critical, as you want any cleaning that is left behind in the oil to leave at oil change, not clean up and deposit into your fresh oil)...

That's probably the cheapest route for most doing repetitive/continuous additive use.

3oz of Redline SI-1 in a full tank at every fill up... This will help keep you clean.

Or just use a full bottle in a full tank a week before your next OCI. Just my opinion, but this should keep you pretty clean for at least the next 7500 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back